Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Pogg
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

i have been looking around on the site for a fair while and took delivery of my R32 GTR the other night and thought i would post up a project thread for you all to see! What made me buy a skyline? well i have wanted one for as long as i can remeber, and although at the moment there is no way on gods green earth that i could insure one, hopefully by the time the car is finished i have a hope of getting insured on it! I have bought the car to use as a collage project, I am on a 2 year motorsport engenering & technology course and i then hope to go onto university for another 2 years, and by then i would hope the car is complete. So here you go, here is my shambles of a R32 GTR

Right well, after wanting a GTR for years i finaly got myself a job and got on the look for a project base! I got a message from a woman on DW who had a R32 GTR which had had a rear end accident, after having a good old look i thought that it would be perfect and after a few weeks of negotiation i got the car delivered!

I bought the car as a rolling shell with no pannels what so ever, bonnet, wings, doors, boot none of that worthless extra metal :rofl: . The car has been heavily wacked up the arse! But looks like a simple repair and no major structural componens or sections of the shell seem to be damaged thank god. So the first thing is to get the rear pulled out which will be done at collage some time soon. But yes enough talking, here is the car!

We all like photos!

EDITED OUT PHOTO, WILL ADD A BETTER ONE SOON

I will get more photos on tuesday as the car is currently sat on the drive under tons of water proof sheeting!

The plans for the car are some thing along the lines of...

Exterior...
Standard GTR bumpers and skirts
Maybe some lips
Wide (+40mm) Dmax arches
Complete respray, black of course
nice set of rays or some thing similar
possibly some graphics on the rear quaters
spoiler of some form

Interior...

I am set on getting some boarder buckets from skylineparts.com on here
6 point weld in roll cage with rear diags, door pars ect
rear bench and other interior components left in
racing wheel
Audio
posible other in car entertainment bits

Engine...

This area is still very undecided, I am set of having a RB25DET but i am unsure on what turbo and internals will be used but the engie will be done last and will be done as best as possible with no corners cut what so ever!

Right well erm thats it and this thread will be updated every time somet hing happens to the car, which will be very very often! the car is going to be moved on tuesday and i will hopefully have chance to strip the engine bay and get it preped for paint ect. within the next month i want to have this car resembling a R32 GTR and not a chunk of scrap! I would also like to add that every bit pf work done on this car will be done by myself from the paint job to cutting the valves and valve seats the whole lot will be done with my own hands, after seeing what some people do in the trade i would not trust my car in anyones hands apart from mine! so this will be 100% home made! Built not bought!

Well i hope that my build up keeps you entertained!

hit me up with your feed back!

Thanks a lot, Tomm

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
good luck with that mate.....youre gonna have yer hands full fer sure but at the end one nice car ....

·
The Pogg
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Will do SG!

When the car turned up the "oh **** what have i let myself in for" came to mind!

Thanks to getting a new job i will be able to fund the car but will be going tight on everything else!

But it will be worth it in the end.

But i am SET on having a set of Skylineparts Boarder bucet seats, but at £560 a pair i am going to have to get saving! i hate odd looking seats so will have to buy them in a pair.

There iwll be loads of photos, we all like photos!

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Get a better camera then :D

All the best with it.. Looks like it will be a good project :)

·
The Pogg
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the comments!

Yes that was taken on my phone so sorry about the ubber poor photo quality! So sorry Mr T!

LOTS of parts will be put on order once i sell all of my other cars which hopefully is very soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts