Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
YES YES, another car.... LOL

Me. nismotony and kevgtr collected her 2 days ago

After long thinking and looking at other cars, i decided to head back down the skyline route and go for another GTR.... I just couldn't help myself :D

Was going to buy this car 10 months ago but didn't as I bought my black one and the opportunity came up again so I decided this time to go for it. I'm not supposed to be able to drive a manual as ive trouble with my left ankle but for some reason i can manage the clutch on this car fine as its so high up. Have this rubber boot thing I put on that helps too, I couldnt get over how I could drive it but im not arguing lol. Insurance is very cheap me too and i couldn't believe it as im only 22 :D

The spec

98 R33 GTR
106k kms
Engine rebuild with genuine parts and all receipts by nissan 10k kms ago
Stock Rb26
Factory xenon headlamps
non V spec model

I bought the car from a Nissan dealer that imported the car 8 years ago, it has some form of suprious catback otherwise its bog standard. Got a really really good deal on it too....... :D

Bad point in that the heater matrix is gone, but I didnt argue as I got alot off it lol

I'll post up some better pics when the rain dies offbt:)

I'm half terrified to drive it on, in case I either break it and its just a completely different animal to the soarer, I'm gonna drive like miss daisy for a few weeks! haha :D

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Welcome back to the Skyline World! That's a beautiful looking machine. What are your plans for it. Coilovers?? lol!!! Good luck with her - Hopefully you keep her. What is your insurance? You said it was cheap but your 22. Careful sometimes DVLA tend to get the Skyline models mixed up :)

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very nice mate, looks stunning.
Very nice mate, looks a very tidy example:bigthumb:
Cheers lads :)

Welcome back to the Skyline World! That's a beautiful looking machine. What are your plans for it. Coilovers?? lol!!! Good luck with her - Hopefully you keep her. What is your insurance? You said it was cheap but your 22. Careful sometimes DVLA tend to get the Skyline models mixed up :)
Thanks man :) I live in ireland its a slightly different system, I was supposed to be buying a 03 E46 M3 but I decided to go for the GTR. The thing was that they wouldnt quote me online for any skyline until I rang them up while they would on the M3 and a 911 but I didn't know they'd match the quote for me on the M3. The car is fully decared as a Nissan skyline 2.6 GTR :D insurance is €2200 for the year which is very cheap for ireland considering our insurance is quite a bit more expensive than the UK

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Good stuff mate - As long as that price isn't too bad for you then cool. The Skyline fun begins :devil:

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good stuff mate - As long as that price isn't too bad for you then cool. The Skyline fun begins :devil:
Well its a significant step down from €3400 I was paying on my last GTR and the supra with quinn direct :funny::funny: :(

The plans I have for her

Fix the heater matrix! well source another one lol

Service it,

fit a turbo timer

Clean it.

Thats all, I wanna keep her nice and standard. I love the standard look on GTR's

·
is now very happy with 400+ BHP
2,903 Posts
Looks a very tidy machine you've landed yourself there mate.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Looks and sounds like you grabed a really nice and unmolested one there! They are rare nowadays. Welcome back to the Skyline family dude and make sure you stay with us now! :D :cheers:

·
AKA The Torque Monster
1,096 Posts
Welcome back mr karney. And stop being such a woose about havein no heating willie jumper hat and gloves and your sorted.
Are you going to go to the April 11th record beaker ?? Silverstone there's a few of us going over

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Very nice mate looks awesome stock:drool:

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Looks and sounds like you grabed a really nice and unmolested one there! They are rare nowadays. Welcome back to the Skyline family dude and make sure you stay with us now! :D :cheers:
Looks a very tidy machine you've landed yourself there mate.:bigthumb:
wow nice car mate
Very nice likey :bigthumb:
Very tidy looks in perfect nick!
Very nice mate looks awesome stock:drool:
Cheers lads I'm glad I got it too. I'll safely be saying I won't be leaving the club again :D haha

Welcome back mr karney. And stop being such a woose about havein no heating willie jumper hat and gloves and your sorted.
Are you going to go to the April 11th record beaker ?? Silverstone there's a few of us going over
Haha I'm wearing 3 hoody's a scarf, a beanie hat and i'm still freezing LOL. Sure its snowing here badly lol I'll be defo heading over with you'se to that, count me in :D

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
woah the strut top's are mint!!

chance of more pics dude? I guess it's a Series 3 basing it on the year and what bits are on it that i've seen so far,mind if i ask how much you paid? I'll be picking up my new toy with some boost this week hopefully :D

·
www.dtdirl.com
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
woah the strut top's are mint!!

chance of more pics dude? I guess it's a Series 3 basing it on the year and what bits are on it that i've seen so far,mind if i ask how much you paid? I'll be picking up my new toy with some boost this week hopefully :D

Yeah she came straight from japan to ireland and we've no salt on our roads so they never rot.

The problem I have at the minute is that its snowing lol. The weather should improve over the next 3-4 days and when It does I intend to take a few more photos :) Yeah shes a Series/spec 3 been a 98

·
Registered
188 Posts
well done lad looks very neat and tidy cant see it staying standard for long i think if you own a gtr you like power that means spend and spend but the reward is so worth waitingbfor

1 - 20 of 24 Posts