Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Big thanks to Richard for fitting the paddle clutch today. Bloody marvellous drive home. Well chuffed with the way it drives now. Its a bit dodgy pulling away in 1st (i`ll get used to it) but once under way the gear changes are so much quicker & it powers up again instantly &. Also thanks to Clairol & Kris for getting Burger King ,Buster for getting his hands dirty helping Rich while i did absolutely bugger all all morning :rolleyes:
Also i cant remember who noticed that i`ve got adjustable rear supension (i knew the front was) but after changing it from the soft setting it was on & taking it up a few clicks it corners loads better. What a find.
All in all a good morning. Cheers guys :)

Ps Rich. Are the back wheels supposed to lock up if i cahnge down from 3rd to 2nd at speed :D woohooo:D

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
She certainly sounded mint on the estate Eddie, gotta fight the temptaton of 5k pull aways now..!

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh i`ll have to give it a go at least once i spose now it`ll handle it. Never heard my car from the outside before & it does sound ok doesn`t it.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
NO excuses now.

Car used just over 1/4 tank on the way there & i used the rest on the way home!! Worth every penny. Just gotta get used to it now. Got a bit of judder in 1st & the clutch is er well its either on or off if that makes sense. No pulling away gently anymore.

·
Banned
5,443 Posts
You will get used to it. Remember when mine was done (only 4 plate though) it seemed like i was fighting the car, but now its like normal, when i drive a 'normal' car i always think the clutch is fcuked.

How are your dentures after hardening the back up Ed?

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Teeth are all still there mate. Should save money on pants now. I kinda mastered the art of throwing a Skyline round with the tracking out & today i find out the rear susp is on its softest setting!! No wonder i pood myself all the time. Now its how it should be i hope. Feels a lot steadier.

·
Banned
1,743 Posts
Yeah Rich can you tell me how much you'd charge to do my clutch please? Just a normal one will do for me but mine is well and truly on it's way out now. Can hear a gravelly noise coming from it when I try and use very little throttle and just the clutch in car parks etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts