Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some may remember i posted about cambelt on my skyline well iv now actually got it and teh sticker seal on the adjuster has actually been broken so im assuming the guy was telling me the truth and it has been done :)

He was adamant and has no reason to lie to me!

·
Ex Skylineowner
3,444 Posts
Assume nothing! Up to you though. If you are happy enough that the guy is telling you the truth and has had it done recently then leave it. If you want ultimate piece of mind then do it anyway.

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Assume nothing! Up to you though. If you are happy enough that the guy is telling you the truth and has had it done recently then leave it. If you want ultimate piece of mind then do it anyway.
yeah, i think for the time being though my mind is safe so i can at least save a little and have it done over the next month or two :)

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
That seal would take all of 1 second to tear, whos to say that he didnt rip it just before you picked it up. Like has been said piece of mind get it done.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
That seal would take all of 1 second to tear, whos to say that he didnt rip it just before you picked it up. Like has been said piece of mind get it done.
I agree^^ and its not a big job to do it youself if you are at all
mechanicily minded and you have a few hours to spare.
and to save any further grief change the idler and tensioner and
water pump at the same time.

·
R33 GTST Owner.
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
JBIE, echo what you said is it possible to see the belt from underneath!?!?

·
User of V-power
1,112 Posts
no, it is totally covered, only way to view is to remove the cover, I need to do this on mine at some point to check that everything is ok, also need to sort out my cold start rattle.. dam AirCon!

Cheers
Dazzler

1 - 10 of 10 Posts