Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys the names Bronte, ive recently scored my self a 1992 nissan skyline gts.

regos on hold. has been taken for a wof and all wof stuff has been fixed. but in the mean time the previous owner picked up another engine for it and plenty of parts and started stripping it out to make it into a track car so ive decided to keep it as a track car and hopefully be racing it soon.

currently has a full r24 body kit on it including headlights ect widened rear guards.
has a rb25de currently bolted in just need to finish wiring up the interior loom and change the battery to the boot and then flick the key and see what she does.

im only new to cars ect as im doing a motorsport course learnign to build race cars so i guess i can put the skills to the test.

keep watching for more updates ect and feel free to throw some ideas my way ect anything considered.

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a fairly cool project!

I'm interested to find out how the R33 went towing the R32 :p
hey man thanks and the r33 towed pretty well considering its a auto 25de with a home made tow bar :) haha and cheers keep watching it will be a slow build as im only a student still learnign but hope it turns out good tho lol

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks like a fairly cool project!

looks cool.you sould turbo it for the track
cheers man and im hopeing to +T it and put a 20det turbo on it for now and run a steel head gasket to lower the compression and just run low boost and see how the engine handles it before playing around with anything else and run 25det injectors and 25det fuel pump etc

·
Registered
34 Posts
cheers man and im hopeing to +T it and put a 20det turbo on it for now and run a steel head gasket to lower the compression and just run low boost and see how the engine handles it before playing around with anything else and run 25det injectors and 25det fuel pump etc
Motor will be fine with a 20det turbo on it. My mate was running a high-flowed OP6 turbo on a 25DE NEO and the motor was still fine; has upgraded to a different turbo now, still pushing out somewhere near 220rwkW albeit with supporting mods (fuel pump, injectors etc.)

I can find more info out on his RB25DE+t if you want...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Motor will be fine with a 20det turbo on it. My mate was running a high-flowed OP6 turbo on a 25DE NEO and the motor was still fine; has upgraded to a different turbo now, still pushing out somewhere near 220rwkW albeit with supporting mods (fuel pump, injectors etc.)

I can find more info out on his RB25DE+t if you want...
Yeah man thatll b great of you can fidnout some more info etc as im mew to rb's etc lol cheers mate

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
Welcome aboard mate (a little late on my part lol)
What part of NZ are you in?

Honestly, don't bother with a 20DET turbo on a 25DE+t. They are too small for the 2.5 ltr engine and run out of puff at higher rpm. I know of someone that did it... and regretted it. Do it once, do it right :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome aboard mate (a little late on my part lol)
What part of NZ are you in?

Honestly, don't bother with a 20DET turbo on a 25DE+t. They are too small for the 2.5 ltr engine and run out of puff at higher rpm. I know of someone that did it... and regretted it. Do it once, do it right :)
Cheers man im still reaserching about it all etc and im from palmy how about you

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts
I'm in Auckland, not one of the snobby ones that hate the rest of NZ though haha.
Oh one other thing I remember about the guy I mentioned above.... he said a 20/25DET exhaust manifold bolt pattern doesn't quite line up on the n/a head, IIRC he had to drill out a hole to make it larger so the bolt fitted through. Just a heads up :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
cheers man thanks for the info ill soon find that out for the manifold but ill work around it and sort somthing out lol like i said im only new to rb's and skylines lol so its gonna b an interesting project

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
just a quick update guys :) the soundeadning is now fully stripped out, time to sand the interior back and give it a quick paint and then work on getting the dash back in and wired up and finish off the battery relocation and then turn the key and see what happens :) hope for the best

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well guys its been a while since ive been on here to update the post.
i had no luck with the 25de that whas in it the bottom ends completely locked up and wont turn over :/ so i ripped it out and put in the 20de and fired it up was only running on 4 cylinders but checked everythingover and found 2 injectors were blocked so unblocked them now its running prety good just needs a bit of a tune up. the old girls had a bit of a birthday lately it now has full set o 18's for it and running adjusties in the rear just waiting on the front ones, i have a full turbo setup minus front mount and piping. scored 2 bucket seats for it just have to modify passenger seat a bit for it to fit in. best part of it all is its got a roll cage in it just needs to be fully welded up and homologated only costed me $350 for the cage :) the body panels are all mounted up properly now. heres some pics of it all and also have some items for sale so flick me a text on 0278441956 if you are interested in any parts.

if any ones keen to sponser me some parts ect so i can get it on the track also feel free to donate :)

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts