Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 1993 V-Spec Silver GTR build (and more)

History
I am the second owner of this car since it was imported and the third since it was purchased. When my car was imported to Canada two years ago by a mate in a different province he was hoping to have a nice little car. His wife got preggers and they decided to buy a house and put the car up for sale for the down payment on the house. I was able to pick it up from him for £4400 and jumped on the offer.

When I got the car it was as close to stock as I have ever seen a GTR but had sat for 5 years before shipping here. The only mods the car had on it (all from japan) was a coolant cap and boost controller. Aside from that it was as stock as I had seen.

Starting to mod
I wanted and still do want to keep my car mostly stock but get it running right and comfortable for a weekend cruiser. There was a few small issues when I got the car that are as follows:

• faded paint on the spoiler
• paint spot pealing and faded on front passenger fender
• terrible misfires and boost lag
• brake shoes worn right out and rotors

So having these issues I decided to get out to work. First things first was to run a new oil filter and change the old oil to some new fully synthetic royal purple. The coolant was all new and bright green and the belts all looked new as well. Then to change the fuel filter to try and clean it up for the fuelling and fix the misfires if they were fuel related. I bought the fuel filter from a 300zx as they are domestic here and parts work closely. I then replaces my bay fuel line with all new, larger, pressure rated fuel hose to relocate fuel filter for easier access and servicing. I noticed my seals on the injectors were done so I changed out all new seals and o-rings on those as well. I then cleaned and re soldered my AFM's to knock those out as a problem. New stereo and speakers fitted and 4 point racing harness. Turbo timer. Added some HKS pods (needs better filters tho. Not sure if they're 80mm or 120mm since I got them cheap off a mate). Changed the coil harness to a new one that I hand made and cleaned and greased all coil packs. Reset the ecu and broke it in for a bit to relearn stuff. Still misses on one coilpack so have to change those out now and going for the r34 conversions and buying a spare set of benchmarks from here.

Plans for future
The following list is my current goals and plans for the car:

• new brake shoes and rotors
• new coilpacks and harness to remove ignitor
• led dash conversion
• new clutch (current one is loose)
• new wheels
• fix the paint up
• hid conversion on headlamps
• re add fog lights
• bigger turbo and new engine gaskets
• pass Saftey (MOT)
• wheel alignment
• change dash vents to new ones (two are a bit buggered)
• fit my custom license plate (GODZLLA)

Pictures
Boost controller, speed limit remover and new deck

Engine bay

Rims

Backside

Interior from passenger

Looking sexy

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
The rims are

WORK EQUIP Deep Dish 18 11J 13J 5x114 Rims, Alloy Wheels Wide body

Picked them up for £1370 new. It had black steel ones before when I got it so I put these on right away. Was gonna use on my other car but it didn't fit them.

My current daily driver,
2008 GMC Sierra 2500 HD Duramax Diesel

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

Specs:

• 4" turbo back straight pipe exhaust
• hot race ppe tuner
• spray in box liner
• debadged
• mud tires
• cold air intake
• DPF delete kit
• home made mud flaps
• hid headlamp conversion

612hp @ 5600rpm
749 ft/lbs torq @ 5800rpm
13.92 @ 118mph
Top speed 262 km/h

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
car looks good like the work rims too whats the plans for it ?

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
car looks good like the work rims too whats the plans for it ?
Plans on repainting the engine bay and fixing the small paint fades and then doing just brakes and stuff and a flow through exhaust and led dash bulbs and hid\s. havent really gotten a huge lot of plans set yet because its so nicealready i dont know what else to add:)

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Cool it if it's giving trouble free motoring just drive it and enjoy it

·
Belgian Fries
209 Posts
Awesome project mate, it was a nice read to find out more about it's history :) You sound experienced when troubleshooting the car. Looking forward for more

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
A few updates for you guys,

I drove the car after putting a new replacment coil in for a while and it ran so much better but still had a miss I couldn't chase. I eventually found out what the problem was when I finished reinstalling the AFMs and after resetting the ecu again it cleared up for a few minutes and began to miss really badly. I decided to head home and halfway home it began to smoke under the bonnet really really badly and smelt horrid so I pulled over and shut the car off.

I popped the bonnet and noticed the smoke coming from under the coil cover. So I limped the car home quick and pulled the cover. My cylinder 6 coil was completely melted onto itself and the cylinder 5 wires pulled out of the back of the plug. So I decided to go for a new r34 coil conversion kit. I posted a guide here on the forums and eliminated my stock coils and ignitor:

Coil wires came out of

Wires that melted off other coil

Stock ignitor that I eliminated

Burnt out coil front view

Burnt out coil from the side

Then I went and got some e3 spark plugs as it was breaking up under boost with new coil system. Now it's running great again and pulls so much harder.

And I got my AEM F/IC-6 from a mate to throw in the car

So after installing the new plugs and stuff I had my spec two coils installed

And here's the two plugs converted into one to let it go from spec 1 to a spec two loom

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On my way to work my duramax decided to s$&t the bed. The front brake caliper locked on while doing 100kmph and pulled it into the ditch. The damage was quite extensive and destroyed the following parts:

- wheel bearing was torn upwards
- axle was torn from wheel bearing and destroyed
- brake line was crimped and exploded
- steering knuckle was forced up and wrecked
- tie rod ends damaged
- brake pads and rotor worn into caliper
- caliper and hanger mangled
- rubber destroyed and had a small grease fire

So there was a fair bit of damage:
INSERT IMAGE HERE

I have all new parts now I just have to install them and have my truck back again for work :)

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got a SARD radiator cap and relocation for my fuel filter so I can change it easier now and run the fuel filter out of a z32

New sard rad cap

Fuel filter relocated to top (top mount battery conversion too)

·
Super Maude
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Had the weekend off work this weekend but didn't get too much done. The skyline had some re soldering done to it (the joints above I used crimps so I soldered those) and grounded some stuff better. Didn't really get around to fitting the new pads and what have you so just cleaned the wife's car and took it for a wash.

The wife's charger we just got for her

Fancy side shot haha

She fancied a nice ride we could take the kidlets in and get grocerys with and have a bit of fun with too. Now with the winter weather here the skyline doesn't really see the road much and her car gets used a bit more then it should too.

Here's a shot of my rig I work on

Chase the black gold I guess hey. Plans for the skyline have been delayed due to weather for a while now. We just had an awesome week of +6-9 degrees celcius but the snows set back in so it's cold out and I don't wanna clear the garage to work on the car right meow.

Hopefully have some updates soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts