Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there going to pickup my R32 gts tommorrow night so excited its lovely just what i was after.

I noticed it does not have a dump valve its been sealed up so obviously the air is bein dumped back through the turbo is this common to not have one fitted as i thought much like my mr2 thay these had ceramic turbo's fitted

????

·
Registered
801 Posts
when i bought mine it had a plate over were the bov goes aswell i think the japs do it to get the "chatter" sound i replaced it with a standard bov witch a guy from here kindly gave me

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
you dont want to have the bov blocked off for to long bud its not going to do your turbo no good.:crazy:

·
Registered
760 Posts
Its only the exhaust side thats ceramic, but the chatter still wont do your turbo no good as the chatter noise is the turbo stalling! The standard dump is a recirculating one an you wont really get a whoosh noise, if you want this noise just get an aftermarket one, one of your boost pipes should have a mounting place for an aftermarket one to be fitted! The standard ones arnt very good iv been told, but i would get something on there at least!

·
Mid Life Crisis Owner
938 Posts
My GTT didn't have one fitted when I bought it but I didn't know - just wondered why it made that awful chattering noise on lift-off :uhoh: ).

At first service, RB Motorsport spotted that I hadn't got one and advised me to get one fitted asap. A nice gentleman on here (cheers Bubble) flogged me his old standard one after I put a "wanted" post on here :D

·
Registered
610 Posts
i run my car with the vacume line connected from the manifold to the recirc, plugged. easier than covering it with a plate. now my car; running at 15 psi; makes that chatter noise wen i lift off. and i love it!! i know its bad for the stock turbo, but im having it replaced in 3 weeks wen the garret comes in from the mail!! then ill put on a Blitz SS.
ive had friends who run it without any BOV or recirc, and they said it responds better. and have been doing it for awhile.

·
Registered
20 Posts
i run my car with the vacume line connected from the manifold to the recirc, plugged. easier than covering it with a plate.
easier yes, but dont forget that a dump valve needs the pressure from the plenum (through the vacuum line) to keep it closed under boost. without it the valve will open slightly and leak boost which makes the turbo work harder and reduces response.have you noticed the fuel consumption increase a bit cos its probably runnin a bit rich too.

imo your better off blanking it with a plate.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts