Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I havnt posted here in a long while, basically because im involved in racing circles now and have lost all intrest in having a fast road car. The GTR has been sitting in the garage for the past 8 months under a cover and never gets driven anymore as running costs are just too expensive.
So I need a favour from you guys as im not sure about prices on parts these days.
The whole car is still complete at the moment. The engine is fully built with poncams, forged bottom end full headwork, full fuel system, HKS tubbs etc etc etc.
Suspension is twin way dampening adustable with rose jointed topmounts.
Complete defi displays 7 gauges with heads up Digi display
Power FC
Standard enough brakes
Work equip wheels with 90% goodyer eagles
Good gearbox#
Carbon bonnet, bootlid, spoiler, N1 Carbon spoiler, N1 headlights, Clear winkers, Group A mirrors, Carbon Diffuser, Cabon Canards, Carbon Doluck skirts,
Tinted glass al round

I would be thinking I could make 15grand (Euro in parts) fr absolutely everything-not selling teh car complete.
Do you reckon this is possible?.......

Opinions on this please....Its going to be a hard thing to do, but my interests lie elsewhere now and soon im going to be looking for planning permission for a new house so the car is definately not going to be driven.

All help appreciated!
Thanks,
Kev.

·
Registered
4,708 Posts
Hiya Kev

its always easier to sell small parts to lots of people. However, trust us on this one and check out threads where similar owners have done the same. You really need to be geared up for a complete strip. Shipping takes forever and laot of buyers expect things within days (even though sometimes they dont need the part to be fitted). Also, be prepared to bin a huge amount of stuff. Fortunately we have stores and keep some parts on long order as we know that they will sell one day, but probably in afew years when supplies have vanished.

·
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks dave. i have a big garage, all tools to boot and a lift so i reckon i could start at any stage and have it stripped in no time at all. Laying my hands on pallets and straps is not a problem...the only difficult bit would be getting small cardboard boxes and stuff but that wouldnt be too much hassle i dont think.
Im really thinking of a round figure of 15k for all the main bits, which i think is pretty realistic.
Most of the stuff as laid out above and also some extras.
do you think im being unrealistic with the prices i could get?.......

·
Registered
316 Posts
Don't split it mate sounds like a great car.... BUT if you do I'm really interested in the defi gauge set :) good luck

·
Registered
831 Posts
as dave said dont bother unless your in it for the long run as most people think there going to get there money back in months and its usually years,if you can sell the rolling shell first with as much on it as you can then its not so bad

·
3,402 Posts
How how are you looking for the car as a whole? If I could sell mine I may be intrested :) what sort of hp is it? Iirc I think you were saying around 550 ish

·
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its around 500 with a road map. Everything on it will shift much more power than that, but when i put the extra bits on we just road mapped it to get it home. I hav'nt really driven it since then and its been parked up eer since.

·
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks dude.
The market has really bottomed out so it would probably not sell at that price anyway.
Im thinking that the only option now is to break for parts to recoup some of the costs ive spent on it over the years.

·
Always Seeking Perfection
1,616 Posts
I'm with simon, my 32 (same kinda spec as yours) is all wrapped up nice and warm and awaiting Jan '13 for classic insurance €152 and just pay tax 6months at a time.
As you've prob herd the price of well kept 32's is going up and up with some been shipped back to Japan.
But think about holding on to it, cause you'll will be sorry if it go's :( I know I would

·
East Ireland Area Rep
6,701 Posts
I'm with simon, my 32 (same kinda spec as yours) is all wrapped up nice and warm and awaiting Jan '13 for classic insurance €152 and just pay tax 6months at a time.
As you've prob herd the price of well kept 32's is going up and up with some been shipped back to Japan.
But think about holding on to it, cause you'll will be sorry if it go's :( I know I would
very good points Peter!

·
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I see where your coming from but im looking at things from a different perspective.
Each and every time i brought the car out in the 2 months before i took it off the road i placed myself in all sorts of danger and the last trip i took in it, was for want of a better expression-irresponsible ;)
Thats just me. Anything ive ever owned gets driven fast and i have to say the 32 is just scary and if i continue to drive it i'l end up in a coffin.
Thats just one of the reasons i havnt driven it in over 6 months, and tbh with you ive no intentions of driving it again.

Im leaving my job pretty shortly and should have a couple of weeks to sort out all the parts and stuff. I'l be making a full list of all available parts this week and im going to start stripping as soon as i have a chance.

Time to close off this chapter in my life, its been a great experience but i must move on!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts