Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
looks wicked mate, loving the gear change, stupid question i take it is a paddle shift right?
It is Andrew, it's a Shiftec paddle shift system (gearbox is Holinger Sequential) linked with MoTeC ECU, we've gone further by adding drive-by-wire control and then spent a very long time setting everything up.

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Because it's not automatic, it's semi-manual.
Manual change required for first and reverse gears.

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers Daz, just getting it out and giving a clean this morning (the car!) going to have some fun with the Gumballers this morning...

·
Registered Insane
997 Posts
About &^%$ time Matt, that's taken a good few years, don't tell me the passenger is your lad!?!?! he was about a foot long last I remember.

On a side note that gear lever would do my head in, but as you know I like to complain about your car ever since it tried to decapitate me with the rear wing :)

·
RIP pretty skyline
523 Posts
Streamed this onto the big screen & surround. Swear I was in there with you :) Awesome ride. Nice to see skylines being used & respected.

·
Registered
300 Posts
That is pretty awesome! Im guessing there was no way of using the paddle shift to change to neutral and reverse? Love it regardless though! Nice work!

·
Carbon Addict
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Cheers guys, well apart from Roger that is ;)

It's not an automatic system, it's semi manual so (whilst it can change up automatically) it won't downshift without input.

I've now booked the final setup of the system to make the downshifts clutchless as the system is struggling to unload the mission.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts