Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I have owned my 33na for nearly 3 years now o I thought I should really post up a thread on how it has been going. It all started off like this. rb20e auto with less power than a duracell battery.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my build

next was the install as I wanted some nice sounds so I installed my pc into the boot with a good amp and an 8" touch screen up front with a 7" in the back for the kids to watch on long journeys. Took a while to run all the leads backwards and forwards and to tidy them all up. It also has nissan consult installed and plugged in to the pc. Also internet.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
After 3 months of putting up with the autobox it had to go so went to visit a mate who breaks skylines and picked up a manual conversion kit for a nice price and work started on swapping it all over. Left the engine in and took 2 days to get the spigot bearing out. What a job that was.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so it had been a while before I started doing anything else as I was using the car everyday. The next thing I wanted to try was vented wings. Didnt want to pay out a mass of money for a pair so I made my own out of the original wings. cut here weld there fibreglass the difference and a good flat down to make them look nice.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Started to get a bit bored with the power of the 2.0 so I went down to london to meet a fella off here to pick up a 2.5na and after a long journey it sat in my workshop for a bit until I was ready to swap it all over. I know alot of you would have gone straight to det but I wanted to get used to the happy tail end first. So it took myself and a mate a day to swap it all over. but the wiring was the bit that took me the longest.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Since the car was in so many different silvers it was time to spray the entire car. As I know from reading on here alot of you dont like the matte black but I thought it would give it a more stealthy look. So it was covered up and sprayed.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So last week I picked up a nice rear bumper with built in defuser and got the old bumper off and got the new one fitted. Also working on the rear spoiler that ended up being the wrong size to the drawing I was sent. So out come the grinder and cut up the spec 2 spoiler to mod for the new one. All blended in to the boot and ready to be painted when I spray the entire car again another colour as leaving the matte black scene now.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got up monday morning and pulled the engine apart to start tidying up under there before I paint the car as I would rather do it now and scratch it than after it is painted. So got the cam covers done. just the cambelt cover and cas to go. Will also be doing the pipework in blue also. So that is it up to now but will be posting more pics up as the work continues.

Attachments

·
Seasoned Member
9,059 Posts
That's a nice blue on the rocker covers, what shade is it?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well here we go some pics of the car now after my wonderful other half took some pics. Only just finished spraying the bumpers and the boot today so will post some more pics once it is all back together.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Here is my latest purchase as I didn't fancy buying a second hand one brand spanking new full alloy and a 50mm core. This should keep it cooler in the summer as it ran hotter on the way home the other day. It was the first real hot day since I done the engine conversion so not taking any chances for when the weather does get nicer.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Been a little while since much has happened to the car as I have been out buying lots of parts for the turbo conversion. I have picked up a manifold, turbo, elbow and downpipe, injectors, fuel pump, ecu and recently an oil cooler and a sandwich plate so just got to have some pipework made up for that. After getting a call from my other half to help out a fellow skyline owner stuck on the side of the roaf. I followed him back to his and ended up purchasing a nice pair of veilside side skirts nice and cheap. A good rub down and a coat of paint and here they are all fitted.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So a couple of weeks ago I had all the parts for the de+t conversion so it all began. engine out and started to swap over all the bits injectors, manifold, wiring loom. Took a little while to sort out a few bits like water and oil feeds being it was a de engine without all the ports i needed and having to route the oil from the other side of the block. replaced the clutch with a nismo one its a lot heavier to use that my old one but hey ho. finally got all the pipework to line up and started it up. ran lumpy so I adjusted the idle and the timing was better but still lumpy. Turned out it was the dump valve wasn't holding the pressure so that was taken off and a hks bov fitted. And finally took it up the road and was amazed at the power difference. thanks to rav for a few bits from his collection it all runs like a dream at last.

Attachments

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The next part has been started now so here are some pics to go with it. I bought a pair of gtr over fenders off another member and set to work. Pics are from 2 days in and of only one side but other side is also up to the same point but with more work to go as I am blending them in to the rear bumper and side skirts

Attachments

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
Slowly getting there with it

1 - 20 of 24 Posts