Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I have it over 2 years now but i haven`t brought it out for a spin in ages :gay:

I got another runabout in feb/march and kind forgot about the Skyline :( it was just so much easier to jump into the civic and not have to worry about ramps,pot holes parkin and so on.
Because i wasn`t driving the Skyline i couldn`t justify taxing or testing it so its jst sitting there feeling sorry for itself ha.
Nsense taxing it now comming into the freezing weather.

Should i hang on till the new year and get back to enjoying it or sell it?

i think it would break my heart to sell it as i`ve seen a fair few going so cheap.

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
mate get a cover over it and wait for the nice weather to come back. If you sell it you will regret it. sure the civic is a good allround car but it wont give you the skyline smile:)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know,i havent had that smile in a while.
i was only looking at covers today but they can be a pain and i seen somewhere that the condensation thats builds up under a cover can be worse than no cover at all. might jus give it a couple of coats of wax

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ha,i know. its only on adverts.did you see how much i have it up for? was just chancin my arm lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i did, not too far off mine
i didnt see yours up.

cover it up or store in a garage mine wont be seeing tarmac for about 4 months ive ran out of MOT and tax ends this month but no point reneweing either. I know my next MOT it should fly through due to the upgrades im doing.
ye,i got a cover for it today .my nct is due in feb so i`ll get it taxed then..oh if only i had a garage ha i couldn`t be arsed tryin to do anythin with it in this shitty weather ha

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I feel the same way at the moment too matey, I'm not sure whether to throw a cover over mine or sell her on.

·
THAT WINDSCREEN BLOKE
977 Posts
Mine ran out of Tax last November, and it's sat in the garage ever since. I had thought about selling it but as it's an auto I knew id only get around 2K for it, and that's only because it's in good nik! I also started my own business in march of this year and used all my no claims discount to insure my van so didn't I didn't think I'd be able to insure it anyway. Don't sell it, just cover it up, check it every now and then, and when the weather get better you can take it out for a blast and I bet you'll be glad you didn't sell.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I have mine up for sale just to see if it generated any interest, its been up most of the year to be honest! Only attracts jokers, you won't get any sort of money for it!

Mines going nowhere now, was thinking of something different but couldn't be arsed now

1 - 11 of 11 Posts