Skyline Owners Forum banner
201 - 220 of 388 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #203 ·
That engine looks so nice!!
Thanks mate, a lot of time and money gone into this, so nearly there lol :cheers:

Neil has Adam given you calipers to paint yet bud, if not, when you get time could you grab them off him!

Cheers mate

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #204 · (Edited)
Right guys, the engine is now settled in place along with the gearbox, props, drive shafts and other bits and bobs!! It is nearly complete, just needs a few more bits for the fuel system and it will be ready to fire up!! :boogy:

Also the Air Con system has been completely removed as i dont ever really use it, it weighs quite a bit and creates a lot more space in the engine bay!!:iagree:

A few pics for you!!

And as she sits currently!!!

Not long now, so gutted it missed out on the parade today but i know it will be so worth the wait!! Hopefully the next set of pics will be it complete and running!! Fingers crossed!! :boogy:

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #206 ·
Doin well Mikey, the probs you have had would have broken many ppl, good job you stuck with it, its looking nice.
Cheers scotty, its been a long time coming now and it does get me down with all the problems i have had but had a lot of help from my old man with getting it slowly to how i want it and also a massive thanks goes to my mate adam at PRO PERFORMANCE INTERNATIONAL in Southampton, adam and his dad Keith who own the new business have been amazing and so helpful and their customer service and workmanship is the best i have ever seen!

Some people who go to Santa Pod may well know who they are as they run a MK3 white Supra in the HKS Drag Series for the last few years!!

Going to see it tomoz to see what we have left to get this GTR fired up and start getting those running in miles on done!! :dogpile:

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #207 · (Edited)
Mikey is a happy bunny!! After seeing the latest pics of what my car is looking like i am speechless at how good its looking!!

All the fuel system is complete now, all intercooler pipes are on, rad pipes are fitted.

To do list now is, the air filters to arrive to fit them, i have the oil catch tank and lines to fit and a few bits of wiring and stuff to tidy up around engine bay.

And then the new 8 pot K-Sport brakes to fit and the bonnet aero catches.

Here are a few pics to show you the progress since last week.

The new turbo pipes with no air filters as they are currently in the post!!

Fitted some lifters to the bonnet so it gets the heat out of the engine bay on track days!

And for the Engine bay as it sits at the moment. Nearly complete!!

·
Registered
737 Posts
the turbo pipes need a bit more polishing dude, the cam covers are putting them to shame lol. by the way where did you get those turbo pipes?

engine bay looks seriously awesome mate.

·
Just another brick in the wall
2,693 Posts
Yay glad your getting there Mikey! I will enjoy these last few days of knowing my car is faster than yours......ok so yours doesn't work at the moment but that not the point, i'm faster, er, yeah ave it! Lol

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #215 ·
Can't wait to see this flying round Milton Keynes mate, it looks the dogs danglies from the pics :notworthy
Nor can i bud, cant wait to get it home!! Will be good to meet up with ya and get a little skyline meet sorted out soon!!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Nor can i bud, cant wait to get it home!! Will be good to meet up with ya and get a little skyline meet sorted out soon!!
Sounds good buddy would be awesome to see it in the flesh when it's done, mine needs a ton of body work doing to it though unfortunatly :(

·
Seasoned Member
2,967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #217 ·
Just a little update for any who are interested or been following my thread.

Cant believe its been nearly 2 months since i have updated this but its been a horrible 2 months with having to try and sort my AEM ECU after the previous tuner had some sort of software lock on it, so it was sent to Gems to try and unlock it and put a fresh chip and new software on it!!

Back at christmas this was done by Gems, but when we came to fire up the GTR for the first time we couldnt get online with it on the laptop to make sure the base map was all ok to start her up on!!

After messing around with talking to Gems and AEM in america they decided that it was a dead ECU and something fatal has happened to it!! Meaning i need to either send it all the way back to USA to have it taken apart and rebuilt which would most prob take forever and cost god knows how much or buy a new one which retails at £1300!!! :eek:

So we decided to open it up ourselves to see why it was not getting online on the laptop and noticed the track for PIN 16 which is the main relay was fried!! So that was repaired and plugged back in to the GTR to get it on the laptop!!

That was all fine until the Guages seem to stay on constantly when the ECU was plugged in but no keys in the ignition!! :screwy:

So we pulled out all the wiring like the guages and sensors that are into the loom done by the previous tuner and plugged the ECU back in and then suddenly it locked us out again on the laptop!! :Uzi::confused:

Was ready to punt the basta*d thing across the dam workshop at this point! So i decided to go back to the previous tuner and asked him to plug it in his skyline, see if he could get online and then start his car up on his map and make sure this sofware lock that he had on it was not, which this afternoon i did and it opened up fine on his laptop and started his car!!!! :):smoker:

So HOPEFULLY FINGERS CROSSED now we can get online with it in my GTR and download a base map and get the dam car started and get the running in done!!

Will find out over the weekend!! Will let you know!! :cheers:

·
I don't do twisties!!
1,541 Posts
Mate, that's no fun at all !!! :( Best of luck with it from now on though.

·
Administrator
25,974 Posts
fingers crossed for you mate :)

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Good luck Mikey hope it all goes well. :)

I've got to put another gearbox in mine mate as 3rd has f*****d off once again :drivin: :drivin::drivin: :drivin::drivin::timebomb:

201 - 220 of 388 Posts