Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I won't bore you with the huge version I've posted elsewhere, but instead a quick summary.

About a year ago I picked the car up, immaculate and totally loved it.
A few months into ownership it had a blowout which ruined one of my Nismo LMGT1's. These were replaced with the Greddy Gravity wheels thanks to Bren at Apex, and all was well again.
A few months after that the engine developed a slight ticking, which progressively got worse, at this point I kind of new a rebuild was on the cards which would have been needed anyway due to wanting more power. Just another expense to grin and bear with skylines.

Eventually the engine "went", spinning a bearing I believe though it's not been investigated, so she was retired on the drive for a couple of days whilst I was gathering my thoughts as to how to approach it.
All was well until my brother in law bumped into the car with his piece of sh*t rover whilst under the influence thinking he'd be ok to dump his car on my drive and go for a wander (he wasn't :))
So, a good kicking was dispatched, and the damage evaluated, nothing too serious, bit of a dent in the wing, and some scratches in the bumper, door, skirt and more importantly the new wheels.

So at this point I decided I'd do it properly, full engine build with all the trimmings, and a full respray for the outside, everywhere getting lavished with new parts.
Engine wise it's getting a nice shiney new RB30 from Rob at RIPS, which should see her well on her way with the power I want to achieve.
I'm not chasing numbers or figures, it won't be used on track all that much, won't do more than a couple of drag runs (to satisfy my curiosity), and above all is a road car, and will be setup as such.
Power delivery will be very smooth with quick spool and full boost early, basically a torque monster.
Brakes, suspension, gearbox, diffs and all the other stuff will be addressed, I've got a mountain of parts growing for the car which I'll go into later.

Anyway the bodywork stuff was finally completed today after 3 long months, and I'm quite pleased.
I'll get some high quality pictures when my new camera is sorted, but for now you'll have to live with the one and only pic I have courtesy of the bodyshop.

How she looked originally:

New Wheels (and no splitter) :

Bumped into by penis breath brother in law:

So off she went to the bodyshop. Knight racer supplied the lovely carbon fibre Chin spoiler, The Greddy Gravity wheels were refinished in white, and a bit of paint was laid down.
The paint is Kouse of Kolor Silver metallic with a Violet pearl added. Over the top of this goes the House of Kolor Prism effect lacquer which is sort of like the Spectraflair seen on TVR's and gives it the look it's got now when the sun hits it. I'm told by House of Kolor that mine is the second car in Europe to be done in the Prism Effect, so it's a bit different for now at least.

Apologies for the quality, but you get the idea, I'll get some SLR pics of it very soon :)

Now I can finally get on with the mechanical stuff :)

·
Premium Member
23,136 Posts
That paint's awesome! Ok I'm jealous now, you happy? :dogpile:

·
Nurburgring 2009 cumon
1,088 Posts
:drool: :drool: :drool: That looks sooooooo good.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cheers guys, I'm just a bit happy with the paint, was worried it would be a bit garish but it seems subtle enough, when the sun isn't on it it's a nice bright metallic silver I'm told :)

Just needs everything else doing now!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

just to highlight the difference some paint and powder coating can make, parts wise the only thing that's changed is the carbon splitter.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
i was going to say those wheels look poop... but in white they look quite nice.... and the paint :drool:

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the pics there do the wheels no justice whatsoever in all honestly.

There's a better one.

Got some decent pics of it today, well reasonable anyway.

Still not happy that I can't show the effect properly (it's very subtle really) and not as "pink" as it looks in some of the shots, but hopefully the first few seconds of the awful quality video I've included will help.
Can't quite work it out, but the white wheels just don't look like they work too well on camera, but in the flesh they look good, I've black TE37's on the way to try out too :)

Paint is a House Of Kolor Silver metallic with violet pearl, finished with HOK's Prism Effect lacquer.
Wheels were powder coated white, carbon splitter added.
[shamless plug] All work done by the lads at Heaton Park Coachworks (01912760999) [/plug]

Here she is out of direct sunlight, a nice bright House of Kolor silver metallic

Starting to change colour..

and in the sun it goes, well, crazy.
Looks much better in the flesh I have to say, and is much more subtle than the pics suggest, but here's the best I can do.

And a quick video, apologies for the awful quality but it was bad to start with and photobucket made it bigger, but the first few seconds give a bit of an idea of the effect

And that's about it for now

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not taking the piss-like mate and dont mean any offence but the car is something you would see on a saxo or corsa.

I prefered it just normal silver.

Its looks sweet with the carbon lip

·
hippy
7,682 Posts
oh well you are in trouble then,ive seen black saxos too

stu thats fappin gorgous

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
Cheers koh :)

Not taking the piss-like mate and dont mean any offence but the car is something you would see on a saxo or corsa.

I prefered it just normal silver.

Its looks sweet with the carbon lip
:dogpile: Kudos for honesty :notworthy

like I said, won't be to everyone's tastes :) The pics show it at it's most nutty in the brightest sun we've seen all year, ordinarily it's a lot more subtle :)

It's basically House Of Kolor's equivelent of the same effect as the spectraflair on TVR's just a little more subtle in the colours it changes through.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
wow, they wheels do look clean, Infact to clean and too white for the car, lol.... :D

Keep up the good work :D

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back home finally and ready for some serious mechanical work now :)

Also managed to get a half decent pic finally that gives an accurate glimpse as to what she looks like in the sun, much more subtle.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts