Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
iv taken the front propshaft out which i have read up on to make my gtr rwd, shortly after there was a knocking noise coming from under my car around where the transfer case is which got loader till i lost all power and then the car stoped !!!!
my car wont turn over at all now i have enough battery and all my pumps work when i turn the key in the ignition, can any1 help me or knows of what mite it be causing my car to not turn on

cheers

·
Registered
235 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can't just take the prop off! It buggers the clutch packs in the transfer case. You can on the 32 but not the 33 and 34.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well what do you think has gone wrng for the car not to start i have had a look at the diff and thts all ok

·
Registered
291 Posts
Hi mate when you turn the key do you get any ignition lights at all or is it that the car wont turn over when you try to start it?
if you get no ignition lights at all worth checking your fuses mate.

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
Normally when you want to make a gtr RWD you have to weld up the box in the sump otherwise it will collapse and cause some serious damage.

This is from what I have been told not personal experiance.

I would get under the car and inspect for damage.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it wont turn over all the lights come on i was driving it at the time and it was makin a knocking sound then a loud bang and the car stopped

·
Germany East/Central Nord Rhein Westfalen
3,039 Posts
it wont turn over all the lights come on i was driving it at the time and it was makin a knocking sound then a loud bang and the car stopped
Get it in the air and inspect it as I said above. If you see nothing get the sump off and see if there's any damage.

·
Administrator
25,964 Posts
Sounds like front diff may have collapsed breaking through the sump and jamming the engine,that's my idea anyways

·
Registered
291 Posts
Take the sump off mate and check for damage as some how you have got the engine locked up and thats why it wont turn over. Put a socket on the crank pully and try to turn it both ways but def get the sump of and have a good look.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts