Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here's my GTS-T still in Japan, waiting to go on the boat two years ago

It arrived in June 2005, fairly tidy but needing a little work. Gave it a good clean, new tyres all round, fresh oil and spark plugs and it was good to go.

First mod I did was fitting a stereo as it didn't have one when I got it, picked up a DVD player and fold-out screen, took me ages to figure out the wiring but it's all in there and working now, although it doesn't look particularly pretty.

Next job was a new front bumper. Picked up a Trial replica in Feb of this year and fitted it myself. Here's the car with the standard bumper removed...

Then I had to cut a huge chunk of metal from the middle of the support to accomodate the new bumper, was surprised what a ball-ache this was...

Finally got that done then fitted the bumper...

Pretty pleased with the result. Still needs spraying though, I've been a bit slack lately (and haven't been driving much since I bought a motorbike :-D ).

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Latest job has been new dials. I bought some white dials earlier this year, made by Cyberstork I had them imported from Japan. White faces with red numbers and markings, I ran them for the last few months and they were pretty cool.

Then I found some Indiglo dials and they looked pretty damn cool so I decided to change again. So yet again I had to rip the dash apart (after stereo, blue clock LEDs, first set of white dials), I'm becoming quite an expert at this lol :D

Here's the dash mid-job...

Had to wire the clock-face illumination into the cigarette lighter illumination - was planning to run it from the fuse for the standard clocks but it doesn't seem to be located in the dash (having removed every fuse one by one trying to find it :crazy: )

Anyways here's the new dials...

And here they are with the lights on...

Pretty chuffed with the results, I'm not too confident with stuff like this but I usually get someone to help me then wonder why I bothered when I realise I could've done it myself. So I cracked on myself with this and it wasn't too difficult. Only concerns are the dial faces lift slightly in the centre and catch the underside of the needle, so both the rev counter and speedo have been sticking slightly. I've put a little glue underneath to stick the faces down so hopefully that's fixed it. Also the boost guage seems to have slipped, just doesn't seem quite right with what it's showing but I'm not that bothered really.

Next job is a new rear bumper that's hopefully arriving this week :)

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
..............................ebay :boogy:

but shhhhhh ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts