Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All, have met a few of you but not many so far. When I first bought the car it was a bit of a shed so decided it needed sorting before attending more meets :)
This is how it was originally, and also after being Mopped by my mate whos a great valeter esp going from the results he got here!

Four new tyres and a service later I decided to send it in for bodywork to get rid of the rust. Just before going though, I had ordered and fitted the Type2 Exhaust and Decat from Japspeed, as well as a Apexi filter from Apex Perf. After much thought and a couple of months in the bodyshop...here it is.

I've since then obtained myself some R33 GTR seats which are very nice indeed compared to what was there before!

Over the xmas period I ordered myself a coilover set from the lads at Apex Perf. These are the BC Racing set, with the better top mount.

So the car now looks like this side on.

Most recently I've fitted a set of RSP's own coilpacks due to a misfire at full boost and its improved the cars performance greatly and from the word go seems to run much better!

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also just ordered a new set of alloys as mine are well tatty and weathered! Courtesy of Rarerims, a set of 18" Rota GTR's, 9.5wide all around and ET30 offset. Soon to be pictured I hope!

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
looking good, give the headlights a polish with G3 or some wet n dry to get them back to clear :D
The lights are actually pretty clear, in the photo there because the car had been standing for ages condensation had got in. So :p Joe at KR commented on how well looked after they were hehe

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i liked it in black
Yeah it was a hard decision to be honest, but I've had a few black cars and have done the black alloys black car route before. Fancied a change and seeing as I was spending a small fortune I thought sod it may as well go for something which will stand out.

Desperately needs a FMIC though to fill that bloody gap in the front bumper :D
Not going to bad seeing as I bought the car september time.

·
Seasoned member
563 Posts
Yeah it was a hard decision to be honest, but I've had a few black cars and have done the black alloys black car route before. Fancied a change and seeing as I was spending a small fortune I thought sod it may as well go for something which will stand out.

Desperately needs a FMIC though to fill that bloody gap in the front bumper :D
Not going to bad seeing as I bought the car september time.
i know exactly where you're coming from. I absolutely love the skyline in white but as im having to get most of my car resprayed due to modifications, i thought i may aswell get a complete different colour. Going for LM champion blue. I need a FMIC to fill the gap in my GTR bumper too

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i know exactly where you're coming from. I absolutely love the skyline in white but as im having to get most of my car resprayed due to modifications, i thought i may aswell get a complete different colour. Going for LM champion blue. I need a FMIC to fill the gap in my GTR bumper too
Im tempted to go with the D1 kit as its got the quicker response and I know that because mines a daily driver I'll never take it further than 400bhp or the 100mile a day round trip will get expensive!
Thing is the GTR style FMIC just looks so good in the mouth of the bumper :D

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
looks excelent mate, i thought it looked good black too.:) also love the wheels you already have....cant wait to see the new wheels when you get them on too.

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Update... Just fitted a HKS blow off valve the SSQV from memory?! :)
Bit of a novelty item but I guess its for the good of the turbo and so on in the long run.

Currently waiting on brake pads to arrive tomorrow so I can finally fit the new alloys. White rota GTR's ;)

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looking better than ever... just needs the FMIC now.

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thats amazing looking in that colour and with the wheels in white great looking machine!
Where you get your front arches from am thinking bout getting meself a pair!
These are just the vented front wings. Can get em from Knightracer and the other traders on ere like japsalon n co I believe.

·
Registered
16 Posts
wow, your car really looks amazing!

as far as I can see you have 9.5" all around, hows that working for you? and what rubber size do you have?

love the colours!

·
R34 Next?!
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
wow, your car really looks amazing!

as far as I can see you have 9.5" all around, hows that working for you? and what rubber size do you have?

love the colours!
Thats right, seems pretty good so far. Have had a few issues as the bodywork isnt actually symmetrical so 1 arch is catching the tyre. Im slowly stiffening the suspension now as I've raised the car a fair bit which hasnt worked so now Im changing the spring stiffness.

265/35/18's on the rear, 235/45/18 on the front from memory is my tyre sizes. All I have on the front are 3mm spacers to ensure the wheels dont catch anything.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.