Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my r33 gtst project and restoration, (long term and pic heavy)

well i thought it was about time i posted my project thread for you guys to have a look at.
I bought the car almost a year ago lightly accident damaged and it was supposed to be finished and on the road about 5 months ago but had a bit of an up and down time so the car got put on the back burner but now everythings good and im getting on with it.

this is what the car looked like when i bought it.

the front panel was slightly bent at the top above the drivers side headlamp but it was nothing much so ive straightend that out and a couple of the headlight mounts needed to be straightend out.

this is while im straightening the front panel and getting everything to line up, trying to show the damage to the front panel nothing majour

front panel straight and things are starting to fit again.

this is as far as i got for a while and the car was left untouched for a couple of months, in that couple of months the car got damaged more where it was being kept by a door that blew over in the wind and hit the quater panel. :mad: :mad: :mad:

after i found this dent i decided that the car is going to be having a full respray because there are a few dings in other places and a couple tiny rust scabs so its just aswell to do it before it gets far enough to cause a big problem.

im a qualified painter but dont work in the trade anymore so im prepping the car myself over the next week and a bit and then its going into the bodyshop where i used to work to be painted but im going to try and take as many pics as i can over the next few weeks that im doing it and try putting a bit of guide together to try and help some of you that fancy it on here.

ive now got a front bumper on the car and all the panels fitting again.

and as you can see the new fmic.

ive washed the car off and striped most of it down ready to start the prep work on wednesday.

anyway this is as far as i am now and im sorry the thread is a bit jumpy at the moment but not much of it is fresh in my mind so im just getting everyone up to speed and ill try to be a bit more specific from now on

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im gonna be keeping it the same colour its easier because if i did a colour change id have to take the engine out and do the bay itd drive me mad otherwise and anything else that can be seen, im trying to think of something i can do to it, like put a bit of pearl blue with it but im ltd because of water base paints now, you cant do as many things with them.

yeah ben will defo be at some meets soon im hopeing this is going to be on the road for the first of next month, there are a few of us around here that are talking about organising some drives around the coast and stuff if you fancy it ill let you know nearer the time.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
maybe,its up to the wife she winges about the noise suppose i could stick the bung in to go on holiday because i won't need any high power,we'll see when we get to it

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe,its up to the wife she winges about the noise suppose i could stick the bung in to go on holiday because i won't need any high power,we'll see when we get to it
sounds like a plan, i havnt got a bung for mine think im gonna have to make one up. mine should be on the road by the time you come down so maybee we can organise a bit of a local get together if you fancy it.

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
well its bin a couple of weeks again but we have some progress

i knocked the dent out as much as i could then took it back to bare metal filled the remailing and blocked it down with some p80 leaving it slightly low, then put another skin of stopper in and finished with p180 on the block again.
i didnt have time to take as many pics of the work as id have liked but after i preped the whiole car it went to the bodyshop, this is how it looked when i droped it off

looking a pretty sorry for itself but it was worth it i picked it up on monday looking like this

ive now got it back at home and im in the middle of flatting and polishing it ready for rebuild and then its on the road. ill get some more pics up when shes all finished.

im thinking about painting the wheels whit, i dnt like the wheels that are on it but cant afford new ones atm so i was thinking that painting them white might keep me happier because at the moment i feel like the wheels are really letting the rest of the car down now ive resprayed it. any thoughts?

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
its bin a while again and ive bin working on the car every single day since i last posted but ts finally finished well apart from a couple little things like the front number plate and getting the grille to line up because the clips are rubbish. anyway heres how she looks now.

just got to get it motd and ill be on the road and hopfully seeing some of you guys at some events in the near future.

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
looking good mate love that rear bumper

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
also just out of interest whats your rear exhaust can?
thinking i might wanna beef up mine a bit with one that looks like that etc

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
its a hks full stainless 3 and a bit inch all the way through but im not sure exactly what one its is as it was on it when i got it, same with the back bumper, i love it and ive not seen it on any before the only thing is i cant find out what it is eather lol.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Bude mate, thought i knew the plate ha..

May have some it up JDM a few times to as i was a regular visiter lol...

Are you on jdmgarage forum at all?

·
Devon/Cornwall Area Rep
897 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
na i havnt mate ill be honest they pissed me off back along and so i havnt bin back there for anything since and dont intend to unless i cant get what i want or need from anyone else. do you go to any meets or shows locally? are you on sss?

·
Registered
192 Posts
Yeh just noticed ur post on SSS lol, didnt know if i saw u off the forum thats all bud, used to go to meets and that, will be more now, just got a r32 4 door so will be on here more often anyway

1 - 20 of 42 Posts