Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 503 Posts

·
... is modifying the driver
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My R33 project (mild trackday car setup)

Link to my R33 GTST skyline project website
which details fully the project build and also the spec list as well as other general Skyline related content

Got my Spec 1.5 (Spec 1 body, spec 2 engine) R33 GTST in July 2008, was stock so going to update this thread with all work done to the car as it happens... I'm no car mechanic but will try and do as much work myself where possible

The aim for the car is to achieve a reasonably powered track day car so there will be an emphasis of uprating the handling and brakes as well as reaching a power set up of around 400bhp, see this thread regarding track day setup which has evolved alongside this project thread Sticky - Trackday car setup

Car as bought (stock) [ 8 July 2008 ]

New gators \ short shifter (40% reduction) \ NISMO carbon gear knob [ Sept 2008 ]

Apexi air filter and heat shield (thanks Andy aka maroonsky for fitting it) [ 26 Sept 2008 ]

The filter heat shield came from an australian chap for $39 plus $12 postage, his email is [email protected]

Full Trust exhaust and Trust downpipe [ 17 Oct 2008 ]

Tein Super streets coilovers and car lowered [ 24 Oct 2008 ]

Rear fog light and speedo conversion \ derestricted [ 1 Nov 2008 ]

·
Registered
482 Posts
Looking good so far,have you any other mods/plans?

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

the clutch needs attention so may get a R32 GTR clutch put in and then a FMIC and up the boost to around 0.8 bar and review the brakes as well (discs or just pads not sure) want to have a track day car for next year

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First post in the thread updated with below (its finally MOT proof !!)

Rear fog light and speedo conversion \ derestricted [ 1 Nov 2008 ]

The chap I bought the car off imported Jap cars and had his own garage and obviously had a means of getting the car MOT'd twice without a fog light :naughty:, he was selling the car because he had bought himself a GTR34 v-spec :yum:

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Bit of an engine bay clean (very bored at the weekend !!) noting amazin' but looks a lot better as there was after all 13 years of grime'n'dust, took a lot of elbow grease and 4 hrs !! check over of clips,hoses etc as well for good measure

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cheers Paul

Tein suspension is on now and makes for a good ride, bit harsh but its ok - makes driving the car an event ! 8)

if u need a hand with anything let me know (I'm no mechanic though) !!

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
R32 GTR clutch

Organic clutch driven plate (balanced & anti-judder)
Clutch pressure plate (balanced)
Clutch release bearing and slave cylinder

(drives so MUCH better now)

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
TEIN Pillow ball Tension Rod (much more accurate steering now)

and fitted

Adjustable fuel regulator

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
japspeed do the arms like those tein ones :)

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Rolling road done today at DynoDemon, results below, happy with them !

Power mods on the car for this dyno were :

Air filter \ head shield
Full 3" exhaust \ decat and downpipe
Adjustable fuel regulator
Iridium 7 spark plugs

Car on the rollers rearing to go...

Chart at the fly (showing torque at around 240 lb/ft and a bhp of 273)

Chart at the wheel (showing bar boost, 0.5 and 0.7 as its running standard) fuelling goes rich as expected

·
7,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Alloy wheel touch up - got these for track day use so thought I would make them black to cover up all the scratches etc and give the car a more aggressive look :boogy:

Cleaned them as best I could then using the wet'n'dty sanding paper got the alloys back to the metal as best I could (took ages and a lot of elbow grease), 2 coats of primer 10 mins apart, 2 coats of paint 30 mins apart then a couple of coats of laquer

BEFORE :

EQUIPMENT : Total cost - £45 (ended up using 2x of the Black Spray Paint)

Wet'n'Dry sanding paper \ Spot Filler and Primer Grey \ Black Spray Paint \ Clear Acrylic Laquer \ Black bin bags \ mouth masks

PRIMER GOING ON :

PAINT \ LACQUER GOING ON :

END RESULT :

1 - 20 of 503 Posts