Skyline Owners Forum banner

261 - 280 of 282 Posts

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Found another oil leak lol this time the pressure sensor wasn't fully tight, by fixing the sandwich plate issue the pressure found another route, got that nipped up and all seems well again

Not much progress other than getting some velocity stacks to act as a cold air feed for the air filter, just need to make an aluminium bracket to secure it to the bumper end and that will be that finished

Attachments

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #264
Any updates on the build mate?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk
Yes still plodding along although at a snails pace, I've ordered all 6 bits of the front and rear window seals but they're still in transit a month later ffs so when they land it'll be glass in and we're good to roll, well once I order a new front windscreen that is (my old one was scratched and covered in welding spatter so might aswell take the opportunity and replace it)

Also spotted the bleed nipple on the clutch slave cylinder is weeping so need to throw some ptfe tape round that or figure out what thread it is and replace it

Will do a pic update soon, I've the bonnet back on and my front arch liners made out of high impact styrene which turned out better than I was expecting lol

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Just waiting on the front lower and foam seal and rear lower and foam seal so I can get the windows back in. Front and rear upper seals have landed so I'm getting there.

Basically just need window seals, get glass fitted and it's ready to rock!!! Hopefully will turn a wheel this year but depends how long this corona madness is going to continue for as that's why the window seals aren't here yet, apparently nissan are on a shutdown so they can't get parts ordered in until restrictions are lifted. But hopefully as soon as they get back to work again the seals will be on the way to me...... I hope!!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Yes I fully understand that. Shame you didn't have them as now is the time to get on with it.
Any new pics of the car?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
They've finally arrived!!! Final bits of window trim are here

I've now got front upper and lower mouldings and foam aswell as the rear upper and lower mouldings and foam insert.

II also got new clutch slave cylinder as mine is leaking at the bleed nipple

So that's all the pieces of the puzzle to finish the car now got

But I've found a small issue with the b pillar trims.....

The door glass is hitting them at the top!!!! Looks like I need to pull the door card off and adjust the glass slightly so will do that some evening this week

And finally some pics of how it currently looks

I also got a new hks air filter, they've changed the style slightly and now have the hks stamp on the backing plate whereas before it was just black plastic

And quick engine bay shot, pretty much done in there

·
Registered
573 Posts
Looking awesome. Been keeping a eye on this for a while now.
Is there much left before it hit the roads again?

Sent from my SM-A505FN using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #271
Just got the windows to fit, sort the 2 front door window alignment, fit new clutch slave cylinder and its ready for its first mot in 3 years lol

Once that's done then I need to get the new cam trigger kit fitted and the map tweeked to suit and it's officially finished........ For now :whistle:

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wow has it actually been 3 years to this stage.
Doesn't seem that long.
You'll have to upload some videos if you can on here.

·
Seasoned Member
9,057 Posts
YES - Get in !

Glad to see this nearing completion dude, going to be amazing to see some video's of it driving !

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #276
Been trying to get hold of the usual guy I use for car glass but he's not answering his phone ffs

Going to give the guy I use to replace windows on my diggers a call and see if he wants to tackle the screens on the datsun, shouldn't be that much different to fitting plant glass, it's just glass and sealant at the end of the day!!!!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Been trying to get hold of the usual guy I use for car glass but he's not answering his phone ffs

Going to give the guy I use to replace windows on my diggers a call and see if he wants to tackle the screens on the datsun, shouldn't be that much different to fitting plant glass, it's just glass and sealant at the end of the day!!!!
Any luck with the glass been fitted?

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Cheers mate, it's finally nearing completion!!

Glass fitting has hit a small delay, decided to get the 3 rear windows tinted while the glass was out as tinting them insitu could be a balls with the rollcage in the way so they should be done next week and then I've just to ring the glass guy when I get them back and he'll come out and fit them all for me!!

There's finally light at the end of the tunnel..... Provided no more oil leaks appear lol

261 - 280 of 282 Posts