Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first time doing anything like this so i thought i may as well keep track of it, and hopefully can get some good advice from skyline owners along the way to help me with it:D

I've started to build my r33 gts-t for drifting after 6 months or so deliberating what i was going to do with the car after buying it on a chance on e-bay so after recently selling my previous drift bardge it was the logical decision, I will be using this car in competetion in 2010 at udc in northern ireland and if i'm lucky make it over for a blast around some of the english tracks as well

so here it start with one completly standard r33 gts-t

rip everything out and get a gtr front mount and full "Harney D-Spec" exhaust, intercooler piping and front entry plenum

All the extra creature comfort crap

air-con and carbon cannister removed

i've also made the inlet plenum front entry and piped to suit, next step will be fit plenum fingers crossed i'll have my over fuelling problem sorted with that and then on to removing the dash and all the extra parts behind it then onto making up the roll cage

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
the front entry wont cure the over fueling. the only thing to sort that out is a remap at rsp of the oem ecu.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
the front entry wont cure the over fueling. the only thing to sort that out is a remap at rsp of the oem ecu.
the mounting plate for the throttle body was warped with the welding so was drawing air around the base of the body causing hunting and serious over fueling, so i've got it skimmed and am ready to re-fit it tomorrow and hopfully my problems will be solved

it was rolling roaded before i found that the mounting plate was warpped here's a pic of the readout

before the rr day i fitted a full 3' stainless steel line, the the front mount i/c and front facing plenum, the guys at ai thought it was the airflow meter but couldn't rule out the work i'd done either, but it would seem it's the throttle body mounting plate

·
Registered
456 Posts
liking the progress buddy, just wana know the thickness you went for in the exhaust is it a 3" all the way or bigger? i just went from a 180sx to a r33 and dont know much about these but egar to do more research on it :D

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i used 3' from the turbo back and a straight trough back box, 3' should be more than big enough to get rid of any gas's my car will be producing, I think you would need to be running monsterous power to need any bigger

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
just after fitting the plenum, cured the hunting but still drasticlly over fuelling so i'll have to try an airflow meter as sugested by a.i autosport

i was lazy and instead of polishing it i painted it white and got a mate to make me up a red vinyl sunrise and stuck it on looks prety good i think

1 - 7 of 7 Posts