Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well firstly i ill say hey,
been a member on the forum for quite a while but i haven't really posted that much due to me not owning a skyline, but now that ive got one i thought some pictures and a bit of a build thread would change that.
I did a straight swap for her with my civic type r, and ive gotta say ive loved every minute of driving it and the attention it gets.

its a 2000 model with the 2.5 neo engine and a auto box, only mod is the exhaust that i got with the car.

pics to follow

any comments and ideas are welcome :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well thats how i got the car, i am going to sort out that rust problem as it looks a bit nasty lol

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
Nice 34, the twin pipe exhaust was the stock one. Any more plans apart from sorting the turret rust?

Did you know that R34 4 door suspension is the same as R33 (different from R34 GTT), and the car has no hicas?

Ian. :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah I knew that the car has no hicas, but I didn't know about the r33 suspension.
I few guys have said that it would not fit.
I'm planning on putting gtst brakes on it and also sort the suspension then it would be wheels

I'd pretty much do anything to have rb26 powers and a manual box :)

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
sort the suspension
Meister R do coilovers that fit the 4 door R34, speak to Jerrick. Their R33 coilovers have the same spring rates as the R34 GTT, so there's no difference in ride. It's just you need the ball end for the rear of the R34 4 door whereas the R34 GTT rear has the fork end.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
its my daily at the moment, so im having to save really hard for the mods lol, the insurance was a killer with me only being 22
but i have been looking at BC coilvers and they seem reasonably priced

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
also can some one please tell me what the clear plastic tube that comes out of the airbox is please ??
my self and few other members are quite puzzeled lol

·
Regular DWYB'r
807 Posts
also can some one please tell me what the clear plastic tube that comes out of the airbox is please ??
Water drain? Or releases excess air pressure built up in the airbox at speed?

Meister R > BC Coilovers.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Looks like you went the same route as me. R34 4-Door NA. I get a lot of **** from my friends that drive turbos, but I love it.

Going to betray her next year though and drop in a gts-t motor. Parts are harder to find for the 4 door, but the guys here are pretty helpful.

add a pod filter, gives it a very nice growl :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
as me being only 22, the N/A route was kinda my only option. The guys at work take the piss all the time with it being a auto and non turbo but they all drive corsas lol they soon **** them selves when it down shifts and the nose is up there arse :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cheers buddy I'll have a look, but the future plans are rb25det and manual box and sort out the coil overs and rims

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
not updated in a while but ive added a couple of things
now fitted apexi coilovers
cusco front strut brace

made a huge differnece :)

took the car off the road now for winter so im going to save my pennies and go for a manual conversion

·
Registered
96 Posts
You just solve a riddle that had been bugging me for ages, i have a single vacuum hose open to atmoshere which i now know goes into the air box, cheers man. Does anyone know if the little pipe going into the main intake is a crankcase breather or what, looks to be going behind timing case. Great cars,I have a manual coupe but want a manual 4 door some day.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
love the look of these.. know what u mean about the insurance tho.. im only 22 thats why ive got a r33 n/a still love it to bits tho :) looks nice on the r33 gtr rims too :)

1 - 20 of 31 Posts