Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i would like to get to know you all so i thought i would share my 200sx build with you all that i started last week and is 80% done now ill post pics in a few days.

basicaly i started off with a 200sx s13 with a blown engine and a few dents and dodgy paint work, i removed the old engine and gearbox and subframe and striped out the engine bay compltely to paint.
at this point i decided i would need a donor skyline and after a few weeks of searching every were i see a salvage skyline gts-t at universal salvage, so the same day poped down to sandy to become a member, and the following week i went along to try win it in there auction, i had a budget of £3500 for this complete project, i was thinking around £1500 to get a salvage skyline and i keeped getting out bid by another gentalmen and he gave up at £2300 so i won it for £2500 witch was more than i wanted to pay but never mind it only had 69kmh on the clock (jap import) so a 40k millage.
i got this home a few days later and began to strip it down to a bare shell as i needed loads of the running gear and the full wireloom and ecu ect.

my 1st mission was to get the skyline loom into the 200sx witch wasent that bad a job, i linked the 2x looms together,also monted all the earths and linked the ingition switch wire together too.
i then wanted to get the engine in place,so i fitted the 200sx steering rack to the r33 cross member then lifted the 200sx shell over the rb25det engine and gearbox and lowerd the shell back onto the axle stands,then lifted the engine and bolted up the r33 subframe to the 200sx shell,i noticed the gearbox mount was 50mm away from the 200sx gearbox mounting point,so i made a template to take to my engineer to be made out of thick metal.
i next went to bolt the 200sx anti roll bar up that also never fitted and was hitting th sump, so ive put that aside to have a spacer made these bits i get back tomorrow to fit.
my next mission was to convert all the hubs from 4x stud to 5-stud (bigger selection of wheels avalible)
this was a fairly simple job i basicaly swap the rear hub carriers from 200sx to r33 witch was a simple swap along with the rear calipers.
the r33 diff and drive shafts also had to be fitted to keep the gear ratios and was also a basic swap apart from the rear diff covers (mounting points) needed to be swap i had to use the 200sx s13 rear diff cover on the r33 diff, after i swaped them i swaped with a bit of a struggle as the diff`s aint light!
as for the fronts, i had to use the 200sx s14 front hubs, along with a set of s14 ball joints pushed into the s13 arms.
then i fitted the r33 discs and calipers to the s14 hubs and rear r33 hubs.
after i got that far i had to messure the propshaft to be made witch i took the 200sx and the r33 propshaft down to bailey morris in st.neots to be modified that will be ready to be collected in the next day or so was quoted £180 + vat.
in the mean time ive had to go to my local scrappy to find some electirc fans as the viscose fan wont fit in the engine bay and to add it was damaged in the crash it was invoved in along with the waterpump pully but im currunltly looking for a 2ed hand waterpump pully and cambelt cover and the 4x little bolts in the vvt sproket as they seem bent, so if any one got any of them please pm me.
any way bk on subject i got some leci fans from a 306 to mount and wire up via relays witch is also now done, i trail fitted the s13 radiator witch fits fine just i want a bigger one so if any one also has a gtr radiator let me know.
i wired and repiped every think back to the r33 engine and fitted the r33 ecu i had to change the throttle cables too as the s13 one was to short and i fitted the brake servo and clutch master and slave cylinder from the r33 just for fun,lol.
when i was bored the other day i also decided to fit the R33 speedo and front seats but i need to make a braket for one mount on the rear of the seats to get them fitted propley.

i get my gearbox mount ect tomorrow so ill go ahead and fit them parts.
oh forgot to mention i brought a r34 gtr intercooler tonight witch ill fit this week but i still will need intercooler pipe work if any one has some spare laying about.

i also started on the exhaust system and to my surprise it fits down to the 2ed silencer with i cut here but i need a 3" decat and down pipe and i plan to use the s13 3" cat back system witch ive also not yet found 2ed hand.

so far the cost is:
200sx s13 shell £500
skyline gts-t salvage £2500
paint and degresers £50
extra tools £30
r34 gtr intercooler (recored) £80
s14 front hubs and ball joints £100
wiring bits £20
walbro 255 fuel pump £45
propshaft £200
gearbox mount £30
anti roll bar bracket £30
hks turbo timer £50

NEED:
cambelt cover £
water pump pully £
4x vvt bolts £
gtr radiator £
intercooler pipe work £
3" down pipe + decat £

200sx cat back zorst 3" £
200sx s13 coilovers ...end of july £350
bodykit £450 (when i find more funds)
respray (in rusty gold) £800 (need funds)

feel free to ask any questions on this if you want more details

the 200sx s13 project:

the skyline donor car:

engine in the skyline:

project pics:....

200sx old brakes on 4 stud:

striped interior of the 200sx to remove and fit wire looms:

now with electric fans:

theres a load of pics to keep you intrested waiting on parts now,lol so if any one got any bits im after let me know!!
i dont get my gearbox mounts now till end of the month about the same time i get my coilovers,should be able to collect my propshaft today though :)

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i collected my cat back s14 3" zorst today from a local drifter and merried it up to the s13 and i think i can mod it a little to fit.
also won a 3" skyline decat and down pipe on egay so with a bit of luck i should have that this week too!!
had the land lord come round too :( he give me 7days to get it moved!! so hopei find some coilovers and other bits asap!!
been offerd a 2ed set via a pm and there local ish so might be up in luck after all.
ill keep ya posted and get some more pics up soon!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
got my propshaft back the other day and got that fitted gearbox mounts will be next week, and i got my coilovers yestaday and fitted 3x today waiting on a bit of welding to be done on d/side inner arch before i can fit the last coilover and bleed brakes, have some other bits im missing to come before i can put it back on the floor, then soon as i do my fmic and pipe work i can take it for a spin.
cant wait!!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so far spent: £3,700 and about to spend a further £1400 on bodywork and adj camber arms ect. so look at a total of £5,100. but im sure ill need more funds, i want to run 400bhp so i recon and extra £1,600-£2,000 should get me there, just need to save some more,lol ouch the car will owe me a good part of £7,000.
man i could buy a brand new corsa for that - or not!! may be a skyline gtr r32.
never mind least you cant just go buy what i built.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
got my diff out today, as im going to shim it!!
also i changed my cambelt and water pump the other day and my ex-cam was 3 teeth out!!
all sorted now.
got my locking collers of fast2cool of ebay had loads of him in the past he a top fella he is good you order of him one day and get what you order the next day!!.
and just orderd my suspention arms from xspower were see how long these take to come,lol
my bucket seats arrived today!! will be making these fit this week!!
also fitted my koyo race radiator the other day looks NICE!!
should be collecting my fenders on monday, and the list goes on, ill keep ya posted as i go.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
picked up my fenders today from SRB there SWEET!! £500 though,lol
still on a mission to find some were local that sells LSD oil for my diff that i just shimmed, im hoping i find some tomorrow.
brought my adjustable suspention arms from xs power for £205 deliverd now just waiting for them to turn up :(
hummzz what else......... oh just brought a apexi avcr boost controller hope to get that in a few days too.
oh brought a alloy battery tray and some s14 suspention bolts should get these this week.
ill fit all the bits i have a grab some decent pictures for you all.
ill keep you posted!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
started fitting my bodykit today,(i was bored) i going to lower the coilovers when its all done.
more pics>>>>>>>>>

still waiting on the rear suspention arms from xspower,but should get these during the week, then im going to fit the rear fenders and rear bumber and skirts!!
ill keep you posted!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
fitted the rear bumper and cut my archs ready for welding up, and slaped my overfenders on too.
just got my sideskirts to fit but cant do that till next week when my archs and boot and buckets get welded in :)
here some pics from my day:>>

got to sort out the off set on the rear!!
its on my todo list lol

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i got hold of xspower, as my suspention arms still have not turned up!!
basicaly cut a long story short, the ebay listing said item loction was in the UK but 3weeks later i get a tracking number for them and at this momont in time there on the way in the USA!! rip off company!! expectied delivery date is this friday! grrrr at them!!!

any way as for the project, ive been makeing my kit fit better and making brakets to strenthen the kit so it wont flex and snap of soon as i get over 70mph,lol
should get me archs and buckets welding in over the weekend.
then ill fit my rear archs and maybe blend them in not sure yet though.
i got a list about 2pages long of other bits to sort out and finish so im up todate i plan to sort these bits over the next 2weeks.
then with a bit of luck will be ready for respray and mot.
were see how it goes as nothing ever goes to plan,lol
still got to sorce/buy:
a elec fan
,rear lights
,decent
wide wheels,
vems a/f,
indicators for wings and bumper,
oil catch tank,
bumper mesh
big gay wing
the list goes on,lol wish the funds did the same :(
god knows how im going to get it painted, after the above im like -£250
the joys of these projects,lol any one fancey donating some funds,lol

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
got my suspenstion arms 3weeks later. fitted these and i fitted my bucket seats and harneses. should be getting the arches welded up this week along with the 18" rims i just brought, the 9.5j wide and a offset of ET20 should be here around tuesday/wendsday.
any ways here some more pics. i need to set my arms up but ill do this a bit later when i figure out how to,lol

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my wheels turned up today!!!! shame its raining like mad out side :(
i plan tomorrow (when its dry) to get the car on axle stands and fit the wheels and see were there going to rub and hit, and modifey to suit.
ill get some more pics soon as there fitted!! still wating for my arches to be welded but hope to sort this around the weekend.
i took it out the other day to see how the diff was, and omg might as well be welded (shes sweet!!)
getting all excited now its all coming together!!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bin on missions today!! sorted all the archs out, sorted the wiring and the number plate lights, modifed the rear bumper for the exhaust,made some braces to surport the rear bumper, fitted the over fenders and yes i did prep under them.
shes slowly all coming together, the rear wheels still stick out on the rear so will have to get some smaller spacers maybe some 20mm instead of the 35mm, got no spacers on the front its just pure 20mm offset with a nice 265/35/18 all round.
going to sort out the sideskirts out tomorrow, soon as i sort the offset out on the rear ill lower the coilovers so she will be slamed!! i cant wait!
i changed the oil yestaday for some 10-50 race silkone oil and going to fit my hks plugs tomorrow maybe,lol
any way here some pics:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
been on missions over the last few days filling dents ect got my pair of kenlowes yestaday so ill have a play with fitting them along with my spark plugs and a oil catch tank soon as i find one.
ill take a couple more pics later so ya all can see what ive been up to.

i think im going to end up painting it myself as funds have droped really low now,lol
trying to source some were to paint it but cant seem to find any were thats windless and warm-ish so if any one is local to me with access too such a place drop me a PM please :)
i picked up my drifty wing last night i plan to fit this soon as i sort the boot out.

i think thats all the gossip for now,lol

ill keep you posted.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts