Skyline Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
A small part of the repair work needed before the replacement turret goes in.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Although the second hand replacement turrets were in excellent condition they'd been cut a little short so they had to be extended.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
The same applied to the near side turret so the next few pictures cover it being replaced along with the re-assembly of the inner wing and clean up of the whole wheel arch area.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Both sides almost finished with the seams and joins being sealed up.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Thanks Terry,
at this stage I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and after seeing it with the wings and bonnet back on (even though it was only to check alignment) I was getting excited about having it back and actually being able to drive it again after nearly 8yrs.

·
Terry
2,023 Posts
Thanks Terry,
at this stage I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel and after seeing it with the wings and bonnet back on (even though it was only to check alignment) I was getting excited about having it back and actually being able to drive it again after nearly 8yrs.
Lol...8 years... i know i have some problems looming up and have been ignoring them i have had my rear arches done twice in the last 10 years and they need doing again and i have an issue with a turret...you have been gettin me fired up to start..

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
I sure hope I never have to do my arches or in fact any of this again, with all the stone guard protection thats gone on and with it no longer being my daily driver it also won't be seeing much rain or salt so it should see me out. Also even if they rotted at the same rate I'd be in my seventies by then and probably being encouraged to give up driving anyway.....lol

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
With the wings and bonnet fitting ok it then went in to the paint shop to have the front inner wings and inner rear arches Stone Guarded and painted.
I don't have very good pics of the rears being done so these few only cover the front.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
With the inner rear wheel arches and inner front wings all finished the next to be done was the final prep work and stone guard of the sills.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
Finishing off the Turret tops the same as the originals with seam sealer prior to painting.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
With the turrets and surrounding engine bay finished next up on the fix list was the front wings.
The lower part of the off side wing, the part that's not normally seen without the car being off the ground had a few rust issues, the near side wing was much better but this had been replaced around 2003 after a friend reversed into it in the car park at work. I was gutted at the time but as it happens it turned out that he did me a favour, along with the wing it damaged a tiny part of the headlight so I managed to get his insurance to replace both because one new one would look odd and not match the other with its milky and faded plastic lens. They were £250 each at the time so happy days

Near side Front Wing

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
The wings repaired and back on with the rest of the car being prepped for painting.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts