Skyline Owners Forum banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Body work finished and ready to go to a friends garage for all the mechanical bits that need doing.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Thanks Tww, I'm pleased with the way it's turned out and it's nice to see it looking even better than when I got it nearly 18yrs ago.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
At my mechanic friends garage there was a list of things needed doing to get it Mot'd and fit to go back on the road but I knew about these before the body work was sorted and there was nothing really major.

Track rod ends and dust covers,
Top suspension links and bolts,
Steering rack bushes,
Tension rod bushes,
Rear shock absorbers and dust covers,
New brake lines and flexi hoses,
New brake pads,
Cam-belt and tensioners,
Water pump,
Service filters, new oil etc,
Radiator flushing and air-con re-gas,
4 x New tyres,
Mot.

(Thanks go to Conceptua Tuning for sourcing and supplying everything I needed)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #72
Hi all,
been meaning to update this for sometime and apologise for not having done so sooner, after I'd recovered from my operation life suddenly got busy again but on the plus side some of the time inbetween has been spent enjoying having the Skyline back on the road.

I'll try and pick up where I left off with it being at my friends garage having the mechanical issues sorted out.

After doing all the things mentioned in the list I wrote about earlier we found that it was misfiring on one cylinder at lower revs but couldn't isolate which cylinder or the reason why. After fitting new coil packs, plugs etc and with the problem still persisting we decided that it could be a bit of muck in the injectors and it may clear after a run with some fresh Super unleaded in the tank.

Having had new tyres and track rod ends when I left my mates garage for its first drive after the MOT I went to another friends garage to have it laser lined and the tracking done, whilst there he suggested I try a can of this to help rectify the misfire problem.

Along with a full tank of fuel and a long drive the problem was solved and it has run like a dream ever since, in fact during the last 20yrs I've had the car it's only passed the exhaust emissions test twice and they were the two most recent MOT's after I used this.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Whilst I was at my mates garage having the mechanical bits sorted he said "I got something for you over there in my storage container"..... his storage container is not the sort of place anyone other than a mechanic would want to go in and you're certainly never going to come out of as clean as you went in but i'm so glad I did and had a look at what he'd got hidden away.
Tucked away under a tarpaulin were my original wheels that were on the car when I got it, turned out my ex had asked him to clear some other scrap metal and he offered to take them as well because "I knew you'd want them again one day"
I was absolutely delighted and over the moon at getting them back even though they're not the prettiest wheels and only 15" but they're the ones that came with the car from Japan 20yrs ago and the final piece needed to put it back to it's original look should I ever want to.

Here's a pic, there's a little bit of paint damage where balancing weights have been in the past but for 25yr old wheels that have never been refurbished they're still in pretty good condition,

I recently found a pic I took in Oct 2000 when I first got it with these wheels on so here's how it looked then

And how it looks at the moment

61 - 73 of 73 Posts