Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
West Sussex Area Rep
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whilst parked at the side of the road last night my car was hit by a drunk driver. He collided with the back and pushed it into the car in front. Fortunately I wasn't in the car at the time but I am gutted! Police arrested him and got all his details so fingers crossed it should be a straight forward claim.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Sorry to hear man, hope its straight forward, and its back up and running soon. Might even be a blessing in disguise, to do the body kit and kawaski green. ;)

·
Super Moderator
2,723 Posts
Gutted!
That back wheel looks at a less than desirable angle.
Hope you get it sorted though bud and hopefully they give the dickhead responsible a harsher sentence for hitting a Supra!

Sent from my broken-ass phone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,984 Posts
Sorry to hear this fella, I suppose one consolation is that nobody got hurt, although it would server the drunken twat right, hope the insurance claim goes OK, but that rear wheel look decidedly dodgy, he must of hit it a some speed.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
holy **** that rear wheel, what was he driving? a tank!? hope it's a painless claim for you

·
West Sussex Area Rep
4,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol was driving an Audi A4. Must of being going a rate. The car in front of mine was pushed back about 12 foot from mine hiting it. Good news is he was insured. Time to do battle!

·
Banned
4,153 Posts
hopefully his insurance will pay out as he was drunk and insurance use any excuse to get out of paying.

·
Stage 1
814 Posts
Yes, thats generally how it goes.. He will have invalidated his own fully comp cover by driving drunk. But the cover for 3rd parties is there regardless of that for exactly this reason. to cover the innocent chaps that get the shitty end of the stick when someone does something stupid.

And yeh, I didnt want to suggest it, but it's likely they'll write it off :( will you buy it back and keep it going or just take the payout and find a ncie new one?? Maybe import a super clean one from jap land?

·
Seasoned Member
4,424 Posts
Really sorry to hear about this Ben,

I know how happy you were when we insured the supra for you.

The insurers will deal with the claim, but if you need any further assistance then I am hear to help.

All the best

Dan
A-Plan
01635-879905

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Wow that looks bad mate. Was expecting to see it round Horsham but guessing now I won't. Surely this wasn't round where you live was it?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Ah ok mate, glad you and the family weren't in it at the time.

·
Anglian Area Rep
4,549 Posts
Sad times.
What's even more sad is the fact that this will increase your premium.
Shocking isn't it.
You weren't in your car and it was hit but it will have an affect on your premium for next 5 years.

I was driven into the rear about 10mph in my old e90 daily and the guy wanted to go through insurance even though was only a bit of paint.
My premium was 42 a year more expensive with a non fault accident on it.
I used moneysupermarket with and without the claim to prove this.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts