Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok on saturday i done 3 runs the best was 12.2 @ 127mph...60 ft times were around 2.4- 2.5...crap at launching lol..

sunday 6 runs, missed a gear a couple of times (crap driver lol) best ime was 12.08 @ 125mph 60ft time was 2.2....i just struggled with the launch, but ill keep pressing on and learn slowly, so im pleased so far.......:cheers:

plus the car needs to be set up properly, i just had some fun, we set it up soon, then ill have it in the 11s for sure....:boogy:

·
Wedding Photographer
3,419 Posts
Now thats not how to run a engine in or they go pop!

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
i take it this was in the black one?

·
Banned
114 Posts
good times bigchief. don't worry everyone(other than the jet car)was struggling to get grip at the start. my 60ft times were 0.6secs from all my previous times.i blame the new tarmac.:disappointed:
apparanly discovery channel were filming on sunday.

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
The noise that thing made, my god.

Bigchief the times will come down was watching all day and you were getting consistantly better, New car, new tarmac it will take some getting used to.

Mike Hunt, enjoyed watching your runs Yesterday, I thought you had broken your car at one point!! but no. later that afternoon you put in some wicked times. That red 32 you have is F***ing quick

T

·
0 Posts
Not a bad set of times for your first run Keith, the original owner (Not Black Magic) did a 13.8 at his first attempt.

Glad I gave the Pod a miss though, 2 hour waits and a poorly prepared track is disapointing.

Try Brunters, pleny more grip and I'm sure the 11`s will come.

·
Any Danger!!!
1,486 Posts
Sunday afternoon was a good time to run, people were leaving to go home and I think the wait was about 20mins at that point. Grip was an issue but to be fair it was very cold and the track didnt get a chance to warm up. Iam sure a bit more practice and the 11s will come, the winner of the rear wheel drive category was a yellow E30 325i with Nos that ran an 11.91 and looked like a banger car!!

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
You were def doing well for your first go in it bud.

my best time was 13.6 with a 2.46 60ft time and a terminal speed of 110mph, not bad a suppose for my first ever attempt in a rear wheel drive car only running 1bar of boost not set up.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts