Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is of interest to you all,
It is now harder to write as which forum to use, but as I have been allowed to sell some parts from my car with no fuss I will dedicate this thread here.
I went to Japan last week for a few reasons, firstly to attend the Autosalon, secondly to see JUN autos and thirdly because I wanted to go there again.
The flight is a true nightmare but the cramp is highly rewarded by the sight of mt FUJI staring at you face to face for 1 hour it sits there so strong and bold with clouds just around its peak, on its back it just wears the solid rock of which it is formed and on its front wears a massive glasier that could keep africa in water for 1000 years, once seen the picture it leaves in your mind you know you will never forget, and you know you are in for something special.
when you have landed at Nareta airport wow short walk through customs get on a train look at varing countryside and different Japanese architecture which is all sorts of shapes and sizes some very futureistic even resembling space ships ?, in less than an hour you are in centeral TOKYO, Which resembeles London, New york but 1000 times cleaner and 1000 times friendlier Sydney comes close.
Ok you have been travelling for 20 hrs you havent slept for 40 hrs
the airline forgot to fly your suitcase with you what do you do, well I dident get angry,you are in Japan hell you get out on the street and get amongst it all, Hey you are not here everyday are you,
The first thing I wanted was a beer so three later I said to Phil shall I ring Mario, I rang Mario, Hi where are you ha, ha, ha, another 1 hour train ride but this time in the TOKYO labarinth to a suburb called mitshuchiba or something simular.
We had never met before, the english must really stand out from the crowd MR PASSINGHAM WAS SHOUTED ACROSS THE BUISSY STATION Phil and I met face to face with Mario,Andy,Nickand christoff from Australia pictures in your mind of what people look like are just so wrong but interesting :) we say hello and go on a beer drinking binge and stay out so late that we could not get home not that I could of anyway :) so we became guests of the aussies and very welcome they made us.
After being awake all night talking skylines and rb engines the show was looming so 1 hours kip was taken before a roadside breakfast was taken on the way to the show,its much easier to get around with a guide, Japan has now all of a sudden become more interesting and familiar this I think is due to the larger crowd and increased banter.
interlude have got to go to the pub for:40oz: next installment soon, if you want me to carry on that is:D
Gary

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
ooooooooh, yes please!!!!!! sounds wicked. I want to hear all about it......blimey, wish I could've gone! maybe next year..

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds like you had a great time Gary. I did plan last year to try and go to the Autosalon this year but it never happened:( I bet the conversation with Mario was interesting. What was the Autosalan like?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
autosalon

OK all had a nice day have we:) now if you are all sitting comfatably I will begin,
Stepping off the train at KAIHIN MAKUHARI excitement overcame tiredness walking straight down on to the street at 9 am with thousands of other enthusiasts you were greeted by the sight and sound of many a tuned motor littering the roads rangeing from honda civics, toyota supras, mazda rx7 and of course nissan skylines all coulours all states of tune but all very loud and all purring and all eger to park to see the show, there were lots more but I couldent name them but you could have spent a week just looking at these, so wheres the show, over there looking between 2 sky scrapers bussling up a pavement type bridge walking across the main road a domed shaped building came into veiw about the size of wembly, what there , no there the mulityshaped building that made wembly look small, kin hell how much can you fit in that, well its only 3 halls oh shame,
You walk into the autosalon all you can hear is bussy conversation mixed with cars running flat out , accelerating, braking, cournering, tyres screeching looking every were were they actually running cars as well?
NO just very clever effects,
The first thing I saw was every familuar makers logo on a different shaped balloon as far as the eye could see WOW your in,
walking down the steps rub shoulders with huh only MR Kazuhiko Nagata from TOP SECRET smoking a *** shook his hand and had a quik photo shoot had a good chin wag laughed about his driving style in the uk watched him point to his stand with a 6 foot tv screen and whatched the video of the actual event even to the point of arrest what a legend top bloke :)
At the bottom of the stairs you dont no where to start 20 full size football pitches packed full of goodys
GIRLS,CARS,PARTS,GIRLS,CARS,PARTS,GIRLS,CARS,PARTS EVERYWHERE
Every stand was decorated perfectly, the parts were real and looked even better than in the magazines and how few of them do we have here (but that will change :)
The main car which was new was the nissan 350 Z lots of them, thats what every body was excited about but was not why I was there, Skyline Skyline Skyline that was why I will post up some piccys later but I did 3 halls for 2 full days getting every broshure avaliable from every manufacture so many unknown for every part, product and bit for the nissan skyline for every model 32,33,34 and managed to ammas 7 large carrier bags full of info,
so if you can think of something and your told its not made or available I can probably say otherwise thats why I went to Japan :)
For those that want to go you should I could write for days about the show so I will stop the piccys will show more.
The rest of my trip I will keep breif but give you a base outline
A day out looking at electronics computers and playing video games eating japanese food and drinking :)
A day out to visit autobacks and top secret then down the pub to get drunk (aussies like their beer :) visit a proper japanese soup kitchen.
A day out at JUN autos Met Mr Junichi Tanaka again and his daughter Haruna Tanaka for the first time had a very interesting time indeed sampled suchi
flew home and had flu for 4 days,
I really enjoyed myself and was delighted to meet the people I met, the experience was priceless

Gary

1 - 13 of 13 Posts