Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being new too the skyline community i asked about the pcd and offset best for my r33 gts n/a. I bought some rays wheels which were 4 x 114 18 x 7.5 and they dont fit. They are soooo close but no cigar.

Anyone with any ideas and can the wheels be machined to fit...?:disappointed:

·
Registered
962 Posts
Fitment should be 4 x 114.4.

In what way do they not fit?

Can you not get them on the studs at all? Or is it the offset that is the problem?

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They wont go on the studs but there soooo close and i dont want to force them....

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I can assure you the correct PCD for the N/A is 114.4 and 4 stud, got one myself and have seriously swatted the wheels and brakes etc for 3 years.

If they don't fit there's only 3 choices..

They were drilled for smaller studs..

.. or were inaccurately drilled..so run a drill through them of the correct size.

..or you have a little bend on at least one stud, but I suspect you've tried on more than one hub..?

They can be a very tight fit sometimes, alloy tends to build up deposits if not maintained, it doesn't hurt to tap them on with a mallet, but I'd prefer to clean out the holes in the wheels, just feed a drill bit through, even by hand if your worried.

Aitch

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The alloys are brand new but the studs do look big compared to the holes on the alloys. Will drilling them not bugger up the inserts...?

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
I would take them back and get ones that are correctly drilled mate. Theres a couple of problems with taking a drill to them. 1 It will speed up corrosion, 2 the chances of drilling the holes dead straight are very slim.

If you have spent a lot of money on new wheels you shouldn`t have to mess around drilling them yourself.

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sounds good mate i want to get a rear brake light off you anyway( if its you on ebay)

·
Registered
4,730 Posts
It is indeed mate, just let me know if you would like me to pop round .

I would be more than happy to have a look if it would help.

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol, sorry to bring the bad news but it's 114.3mm, or 4.5".:)
Does this mean that they will never fit (all these figures is confusing me)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Does this mean that they will never fit (all these figures is confusing me)

Look on the inside of the wheels usually in the spokes, it should have some figures stamped in the casting.

It should say something like PCD 114.3 - 18 x 8.5j ET25 (these are just an example). Take a look and write up what is says.

If they are 114 PCD, I am pretty sure it will be 114.3, as there are only so many common PCD sizes. If they were 110 PCD, you have no chance of making them fit, and nor should you even attempt to.

·
Banned
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
On the inside of the spoke it says 114.3 x 4 so why wont they fit....:shakehead: Thanks for all your info lads...

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
In that case they are the correct PCD.

Are the bolt holes not lining up on any of your hubs? Or could it be the spigot ring hole is too small, not allowing the wheel to go fully home?

Spigot hole in rim should be 66.2mm from memory.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
So my typing's s8ite, 114.3 is indeed correct, but if I was in pedantic mood I'd argue no normal situation would make one iota of difference in alloy wheels between 114.3 AND 114.4..

AITCH

1 - 16 of 16 Posts