Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys and Girls,

Excuse my dumbass-ness if this has already been asked but is it possible to change N/A brake calipers to the GTST ones on an R33 whithouth changing the hubs and all the other gubbings?

obviously would need larger disks in 4x114.3 rather than 5 and the brake lines would need changing, but are the carriers for GTS the same as a GTST? would it be a case of unbloting the old and on with the GTST ones? would be a quick and easy fix to piss poor brakes without having to change wheels and hubs as im not really interested in changing to 5 stud.

any answers greatly appreciated

·
R33 GTS25
1,145 Posts
You sure your N/A brakes have been serviced properly? I.e. good pads, recent & decent brake fluid etc?

I have bog standard R33 N/A brakes and can lock the wheels up at any speed if I want to... The only reason I see for a gtst upgrade is due to the fact that they say "nissan" on the side! ;)

A gtst HUB upgrade to get access to all the gorgeous 5-stud wheels out there... that's another story.

The only upgrade I ended up actually doing was installing a brake cylinder stopper - which improved the pedal feel somewhat.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
r33 2.0 na are 250mm and r33 2.5 na are 280mm,whats yours,smaller the disc the more brake fade,its all down to what you use it for

·
Registered
255 Posts
i have some R33 GTST calipers for sale if you want them?
alternatively i just picked up a new set of NA front discs and pads all round from conceptua, will update when i've fitted them.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wotton under edge is just outside bristol mate, yeah the brakes are well looked after i.e pads discs and fluid but i just feel they could be better i know not essential but personal preferance.

i cant see it being to much of an issue if i can get gtst sized disc in 4 stud and calipers and the correct brake lines, all i really need to know is do the calipers fit straight on or do they need a new bracket to fit an N/A?

its an RB25DE spec1 by the way,

LTM, i hoping a friend of mine will be able to sort me out with some he has spare but if not i'll give you a shout.

·
Registered
639 Posts
My n/a brake upgrade using parts from Conceptua Tuning...

Dont forget your spare wont fit over the bigger front calipers so if your not upgrading the rears you have to swap a wheel from the rear to the front then put the spare on the rear :)

·
Registered
255 Posts
i just picked up a new set of NA front discs and pads all round from conceptua, will update when i've fitted them.
just tried fitting them tonight. Discs fit fine But pads (EBC OE spec) have a slightly different (larger) lip and won't fit, it's close but 100% won't fit :mad:
gonna have a look at a local motor factors in the morning as my R32 has essentially S13 running gear, see if i can match the pads i took off.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Give us a call and we will sort the pad issue out, mate!

Was yours an RB20E or RB25DE?

Chris
yeah will do no worries. chap i'd spoke to on the phone was unsure as it's a rare model. RB20DE. turns out i just needed the earlier S13 items as the later ones (post facelift) have larger flanges/ backing plates.
the pads you sent are in perfect condition as i only sized them up for a test fit. if i could swap them for something else (other than brakes lol.) that'd be good?? call on monday if i get chance.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts