Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's, been going over my 2000 R34 25 GT 4 Found this under the drivers side dash Any idea's as to what its used for or does?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah mate cheers, I had a better look and realised what it was, for some reason my search kept bringing up other rubbish, pitty I don't have the remote.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Was going to be a smartarse and say it does nothing as it appears to be switched off, but aye it is a remote start. Mine must have had it at some point as there is an instruction leaflet for it hanging around somewhere.

Reactions: sparkso

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
🤣🤣 I seen a YouTube vid about one the same, pitty it can't be hooked up to the original central locking key, like my friends vx ss, who knows, there may actually be a way, the bloody Japanese thought of everything, even installing a new head unit was made easy by the way everything in the car has been designed, unmolested ones
that is, I feel like I was very lucky to find one untouched by someone who doesn't care about how things are done lol plus never being owned by a young Aussie helps or a crazy japanese drifter lol👌
First Aussie owner

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, have a new question, does the suspension set up vary between awd and rwd r34s??
Im looking to get adjustable coil overs and have found an affordable set up but unsure if it will suit my awd car, any help and advice would be greatly appreciated TIA.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@25 GT Four Maybe try chucking the link for what you are looking for up here so we can have a looky?

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would go out on a limb and say they likely will fit. Not sure how similar in suspension yours is to a GTR so would be paying particular attention to the ride height issue without mods. Gotta say the perfectly poor English doesn't fill me with faith in the product but depends on what you want to do with the car. Probs safe enough for road use. Personally on TEIN with adjustable damping etc and pretty happy with their stuff.
You can probably send em back if they don't fit or worse case punt them on.

Reactions: 25 GT Four

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Yeah, they are definitely a type of cheap alternative compared to other brands, I'm unsure also how the suspension compares to the 34 GTR mine being awd, may be similar but I dont have much info on my model's specs and searching on google seems to bring up a lot of personal stats 🤷‍♂️
Nothing actually genuine, apart from a 230 page manual on the 25 neo motor itself, just not much on my car lol
Will look in to it a bit more, I'm only keeping it as a daily driver and naturally aspirated, so won't have any crazy power output or track days, just wanna have it looking nice and keep it in the family to pass on to my eldest son
Main plan is to have a nice exhaust note, a simple body kit or skirts added and a nice ride height, power isn't too big of a deal, as I want to keep the drivability of the car
If you get where I'm coming from lol
New to this forum sorts thing
Thanks for the help 👍

·
Registered
225 Posts
I think you'll find the GT Four suspension is the eye type same as the R34 GT (NA) and R33 GTST rather than the fork type on the R34 GT and GTR. You can at least quickly check that by looking underneath to see if it's fork or eye on the rear. On my R34 GT it's eye - so basically same as R33 GTST. There are a few discussions out there if you Google it and should guide you to the right conclusion.

·
Registered
50 Posts
@25 GT Four Looks like you got a far better informed answer from glodtooth. Be cool to see some pics of your beastie as you get it together.

Reactions: 25 GT Four

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think you'll find the GT Four suspension is the eye type same as the R34 GT (NA) and R33 GTST rather than the fork type on the R34 GT and GTR. You can at least quickly check that by looking underneath to see if it's fork or eye on the rear. On my R34 GT it's eye - so basically same as R33 GTST. There are a few discussions out there if you Google it and should guide you to the right conclusion.
So mate would the r33 gtst suspension fit in to mine? I checked this morning and its definitely the eye type

Would this fit you think?

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'd say yes, R33 were a straight bolt on to my GT. But it'd be best for you to compare the part numbers between the different models for your own peace of mind before you buy ...

Here's data for the GT4 rear suspension for example ...

Here's data for my GT

Here's data for an R33 GTST

It's a pretty handy website for reference. You'll be able to find front suspension part numbers and anything else you're interested in.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ah very cool, cheers mate, I'm new to all this skyline business, its nice to find a decent group of people keen to lend a hand, a member of a Facebook group I asked, only made judgements about my lack of knowledge and money, due to going with a cheap brand of adjustable coilovers, apparently if I can't afford expensive one's, I can't afford a skyline, mind you, it seems he owns a Ford focus 🤦‍♂️
Due to a family budget, I have to make do with what I've got

1 - 15 of 15 Posts