Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Choo Choo
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been told i can change my na skyline RB25DE to a RB25DET by fitting turbo, intercooler, ecu and manifold?

Is this correct, would the head not need changing?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
hi, do a search on a fella call "lammy" hes done his, and will be the font of knowledge on this topic. im not sure if you need to change the head, though i doubt it. i think the only difference is an oil feed.

main thing is changing the head gasket, its the thickness that changes and therefore the compression ratio.

in the true sense you would have an rb25de(t) as the pistons and such are different internally, and compression is therefore higher on the turboed de engines than stock det.
(power is also limited to 330 ish ...though lammys pushing this)

·
Choo Choo
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi, do a search on a fella call "lammy" hes done his, and will be the font of knowledge on this topic. im not sure if you need to change the head, though i doubt it. i think the only difference is an oil feed.

main thing is changing the head gasket, its the thickness that changes and therefore the compression ratio.

in the true sense you would have an rb25de(t) as the pistons and such are different internally, and compression is therefore higher on the turboed de engines than stock det.
(power is also limited to 330 ish ...though lammys pushing this)
I have sent him a PM thanks for the contact!

m8 just go with a turbo engine swop and sell your engine get some cash back would be alot easyer
Well you have all the fitting costs plus most the engines don't come with the turbo, ecu or any other bits + the engine in mine is worth fudge all!

Standard turbo costs about 50p and then ecu, manifold! I already have a FMIC!

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
m8 just go with a turbo engine swop and sell your engine get some cash back would be alot easyer
cost wise its pretty much of amuchness, either route is gonna be close to 2000 installed.

and to sell a non turbo you'd need to find a geek like me, and we're kinda rare.

·
Choo Choo
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cost wise its pretty much of amuchness, either route is gonna be close to 2000 installed.

and to sell a non turbo you'd need to find a geek like me, and we're kinda rare.
Not as far as i see it! If you buy a standered used turbo, manafold and ecu (i already have a fmic) and a mate who will fit it!!!! Won't cost bugger all!

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
Not as far as i see it! If you buy a standered used turbo, manafold and ecu (i already have a fmic) and a mate who will fit it!!!! Won't cost bugger all!

ture mates rates rock, but i'd deffo budget for some expenditure....

·
Choo Choo
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ture mates rates rock, but i'd deffo budget for some expenditure....
Just found a top mount manifold for £50 on fleabay and ecu with 22 hours for under £2!!! Shouldn't be too dear to convert but i will wait to hear from lemmy!

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
beware cheap manifolds, particularly xpower. they crack.

·
Choo Choo
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Still on about this was going to sell it but now on the look for cheap bits and i have found someone to fit it!!!!! Just got to make sure it has the oil feed!!!

·
Choo Choo
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Does anyone know if you can use a ecu from a manual car to run a turbo for a auto car???????

1 - 14 of 14 Posts