Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-SKYLINE-R33-GTST-RB20-89-94-COILOVER-ADJUSTABLE-LOWERING-SUSPENSION-KIT-/350898633308?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Plat_Gen:R33&hash=item51b3303a5c

A little insight :-

I have bid on the above item, in 3 separate Auctions from the same seller, and each time the Auction has around 7 hrs remaining these "SCAMMER'S" finish the Auction early.. :spank:

I sent them an E-Mail explaining I was not happy and said I would persist with my bids until I won or I'd report them..:40oz:

So..

Last night/yesterday I bid again... (4th Auction - for adjustable suspension)...The Auction runs till the end (for once) ..

BUT :wtf:

They use "SOFTWARE" to stop me/you from making further bids in the final minute!?

I sent them a fuming tourettes filled E-Mail stressing my annoyance etc..

..and plan to inform BBC 1's 'Watch-Dog' !!

:attention:
The Business number for them is :- 08450214214 If you wish to ask questions or complain (like I plan to later this morning)

I have raised the point with some mates on Facebook (Also Skyline Owners) ...and some have had problems with the same E-BAY Seller's :attention:"2fast2cool2":attention: doing the same SCAM but with different SKYLINE car-parts : rads etc..

I've already vented my anger on FB, but just felt I should "NAME & SHAME" to help attempt stop these A-Hole's from SCAMMING/RIPPING OFF any other SKYLINE-OWNERS.com members

Their incorrectly listed items, and their use of illegal Software to stop you from bidding in the vital last minutes.. Has p**sed me off for the last time.

:attention:
***AVOID THIS SELLER & THEIR ITEMS LIKE THE PLAGUE THEY ARE SCAMMERS & SHOULD BE BANNED FROM E-BAY!

I've reported them to "E-BAY" and am about to inform "WATCH-DOG UK"

Regards - Martin.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Maybe its just advertisement, i notice an increase in interest on some of the buy it now versions of the same item I sell on ebay if I do an auction for one of those items. (Does that make sense?)

No idea how this "illegal software" works though, you are buying from ebay so unless they uploaded their software to that site thats not possible..

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
THE DOWNWARD SPIRAL OF DEBT! lol,,

Also Martin, if you don't mind me asking, where the hell do you get all this spare money from? You seem to always be buying things, you've probably spent more on yours than I have on mine in three years!
Lol.. :D I had a £3000.00 credit limit spread across 3 cards and also had £700 available credit on another.. So... after I paid my Brother back for the car I was approx £-300 debt.. then I continued to buy parts and accessories for my R33 until the 3 cards were max'd out.(bought other things to including monthly food shops and pub binges)..

Then my Dad was kind enough to lend me £3000.00 to clear the debt on the cards and said I could repay him at £50 per Month until my youngest is old enough to go to School and I can get a part time job and then I can 'up' the repayments...(which was nice) :D

..Since then I have paid him back £150.00 of it and spent approx another £1000.00 on one of the cards lol :spank: (bad-Martin!)

But now!! I am selling my personal collection of stuff around the house to A) Pay off the £1000 card debt, B) Pay my dad back (£50 per Month) and C) also buy SKYLINE PARTS and BEER :)

lol.. so Money is tight hence I wanted to WIN the aforementioned Suspension cheap!

In case your wondering what stuff I am selling I have a NEO-GEO AES Console boxed (JAPANESE - REAL HOME ARCADE CONSOLE 80'S/90'S), complete and working...but no games, and my TECHNIC'S 1210's, a pair of AIWA DJ speaker's and a Sony old skool loud-amp...I also have brand new and rare boxed complete and mostly in MINT CONDITION SNES Games that I'am trying "NOT" to sell just yet as I plan to either keep them alot longer or use them for funding to buy and fit my GTS-T lump in future Months..

Anyway that should answer you question :)

- Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Maybe they're cancelling auctions if the bids aren't going as high as they wanted? But if that was the case, why not just put a minimum reserve on it?
This is what I was saying to Steve at SKYLINE-SPARES-Essex the other day !? To set a reserve it only cost's the seller summink like 50p ...I would happilly pay 50p charge without even blinking..

I can only presume advertising, but is ****.. the way they are doing it - if that's what it is !? - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Maybe its just advertisement, i notice an increase in interest on some of the buy it now versions of the same item I sell on ebay if I do an auction for one of those items. (Does that make sense?)

No idea how this "illegal software" works though, you are buying from ebay so unless they uploaded their software to that site thats not possible..
I get what you mean dude, ..like an ad. goes out and a load of people bid on the item..then they all feel let down when they dont win....so they search for another set and when they see the "BUY IT NOW" button they are more likely to save themselves the hassle of bidding again...only to be let down again so they are more likey to just buy the item out-right !?

I would have thought they'd let the odd one or two pairs go for a bit cheaper (to get good rep etc..) ? But apparently not :(

I wish I had taken a pic now of the screen that came up...It was the last 15 seconds count down and I was winning ...at summink like 9 seconds to go...and I went to up my bid from £169.02 or some figure like that to £270.00..

Then a white screen with Red writing pops up and says I dont have permission to bid anymore !? then I click back to the item and someone wins it (probably them) for £172.02 or summink like that..

I didn't/dont think Sellers A)Can stop individual specific people from bidding and B) are allowed too !?? - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HOW MUCH ?

They look identical to the ones I am selling in the group buy, why not get on it?
How much are you selling them for ? I may do if the price is right !? ..Does it work out the more people who go in for the 'Group-Buy' the cheaper they work out for each buyer ?

Regards - Martin. :cheers:

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Yes you can stop people from bidding, there is a ban list a seller can update if they have ebay stalkers...I know as I have had a couple myself, it sounds like he added you and then removed you which as far as I know is not against ebay rules.

£438 for 5 people, if we got 10 it would be less, 20 would be a hell of a lot less.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes you can stop people from bidding, there is a ban list a seller can update if they have ebay stalkers...I know as I have had a couple myself, it sounds like he added you and then removed you which as far as I know is not against ebay rules.

£438 for 5 people, if we got 10 it would be less, 20 would be a hell of a lot less.
How long are you prepared to wait to get the number of buyers raised & how many names do you have so far ? - Martin.

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
I dont mind how long it takes but people will drop in and out of the group buy if it takes too long.

I put the thread up yesterday, so far nobody has put their names down but its early days, would normally take a month to get 5 names.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

It still seems suspect that they'd wait till the final few minutes to block me though....and why would they block me in the final few minute only to let someone else win ,,,for far less than my bid,,,,who I strongly suspect was them.. !? - Martin.

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I dont mind how long it takes but people will drop in and out of the group buy if it takes too long.

I put the thread up yesterday, so far nobody has put their names down but its early days, would normally take a month to get 5 names.
If You could PM me when you have say ..9 names down I'll 99.999999% add my name to the list.. I know the price is good...and will get better still, but I need to get them ULTRA cheap :) - Martin

·
NEW TO ALL THINGS NISSAN
1,103 Posts

·
RSP Tuned 515.7 BHP
7,041 Posts
very similar thing happened not that long ago with Paul42.. will try and find thread

·
Everybody knows that the bird is the word
9,198 Posts

·
12,294 Posts
Lol.. :D I had a £3000.00 credit limit spread across 3 cards and also had £700 available credit on another.. So... after I paid my Brother back for the car I was approx £-300 debt.. then I continued to buy parts and accessories for my R33 until the 3 cards were max'd out.(bought other things to including monthly food shops and pub binges)..

Then my Dad was kind enough to lend me £3000.00 to clear the debt on the cards and said I could repay him at £50 per Month until my youngest is old enough to go to School and I can get a part time job and then I can 'up' the repayments...(which was nice) :D

..Since then I have paid him back £150.00 of it and spent approx another £1000.00 on one of the cards lol :spank: (bad-Martin!)

But now!! I am selling my personal collection of stuff around the house to A) Pay off the £1000 card debt, B) Pay my dad back (£50 per Month) and C) also buy SKYLINE PARTS and BEER :)

lol.. so Money is tight hence I wanted to WIN the aforementioned Suspension cheap!

In case your wondering what stuff I am selling I have a NEO-GEO AES Console boxed (JAPANESE - REAL HOME ARCADE CONSOLE 80'S/90'S), complete and working...but no games, and my TECHNIC'S 1210's, a pair of AIWA DJ speaker's and a Sony old skool loud-amp...I also have brand new and rare boxed complete and mostly in MINT CONDITION SNES Games that I'am trying "NOT" to sell just yet as I plan to either keep them alot longer or use them for funding to buy and fit my GTS-T lump in future Months..

Anyway that should answer you question :)

- Martin.
Damn, you could have just bought a gtst for that instead!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts