Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
lol they cant seriously be considering that..
the petition (like all the others i signed on there) wont make any difference so i wont be signing it.. however..

in 10 years time when the national speed limit is 50mph.. and someone on here gets done for doing 62 in a 50 etc.. i dont expect to see ANY of the usual "you should stick to the speed limit" "you deserve all you get" posts we always get on here..

The speed limits are already BS in many cases. Numbers written on metal signs (as dictated by car-hating whitehall pen-pushers) at the roadside can never indicate suitable speeds.. be that either a minimum OR maximum speed.
They can set it to 20mph for all the notice i will take... I'll continue to use common sense and experience to determine what speed i travel at.

·
Shake and Bake !!
491 Posts
and like the rest of us, you get caught and vilified ! I dont agree with it, but our freedoms and common sense are slowly being erroded by this nanny state.

·
Registered
127 Posts
lol they cant seriously be considering that..
the petition (like all the others i signed on there) wont make any difference so i wont be signing it.. however..

in 10 years time when the national speed limit is 50mph.. and someone on here gets done for doing 62 in a 50 etc.. i dont expect to see ANY of the usual "you should stick to the speed limit" "you deserve all you get" posts we always get on here..

The speed limits are already BS in many cases. Numbers written on metal signs (as dictated by car-hating whitehall pen-pushers) at the roadside can never indicate suitable speeds.. be that either a minimum OR maximum speed.
They can set it to 20mph for all the notice i will take... I'll continue to use common sense and experience to determine what speed i travel at.

Well said.

Oh and I've signed it!!

·
Forum loiterer!
1,707 Posts
This is total bullsh1t!!! What the hell differnce do they think dropping the limit will do??? Make more cash on bloody speed cameras thats what!! Bast***s!! And that petition was only put there to fool us into thinking we've had our say, and will feel better only for them to laugh at it and p155 all over it!!!

These speed limits were mostly concieved in the 60's when all cars had crappy drum brakes and took 100m to stop from 60mph. If you had a car like that now it would fail its mot and be unroad worhty. So surley we're safer now than ever.

Plus the stats say it all, the numbers killed on our roads are the lowest EVER, most of these due to drink offenses, or lack of due care and attention. Speed is only a factor in about 5% of accidents!

This is just another nail in the coffin of our civil liberties! Next they'll be saying that these rules only apply to white christians/athiasts, and all other minorities, whatever colour or creed can do whatever the hell they want!!!!!!!

:mingun:

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
yep its BS hence why i never take any notice of speed limits..

that doesnt mean im going faster than the speed limit before all the doogooders crawl out from under their holy rocks.. sometimes its more yes, sometimes its less.

Speed limits are there purely for stupid people.. its written in law somewhere im sure :p
They dont apply to the rest of us.

·
Jammy Git
2,180 Posts
It is pathetic. They know full well no one will pay any attention so they also know they can get some more money from the inevitable plague of "safety" cameras that will follow.

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
Labour are a useless bunch of London dwelling 'I don't go more than 10mph because of the traffic jams' thinking d**ks.

If this did get passed. They would be inundated with paper work and court appearances for people refusing to pay it. Plus I will want to hurt Labour MPs even more

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Signed -- already happened on the A127 traffic is crazy!! and average speed camera so you can't just slow down for the gat :(

1 - 20 of 27 Posts