Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i came across my first breakdown in the r32 today and i was wondering if you nice chaps could give me a bit advice , i took my other half and my daughter to the beach today in the r32 everything was fine parked up car running like a dream went for a walk come back bout an hour later and the car wouldnt start all dash lights were on but the car didnt turn over , rang the aa out and he told me after about an hour diagnosing the problem that there wasnt any power getting to the starter motor from the ignition so he bypassed it from the starter to the battery with a piece of wire and the car fired up , but the car was running lumpy as hell and it was chucking black smoke out and stalling when on idle , any help would be really appreciated , thanks , nabbs.

·
Track addict
4,907 Posts
Sounds like an intercooler pipe is adrift/loose, seems strange if it only did it afer the aa were mucking about.

Maybe he knocked a pipe off, or a connector isnt plugged back in correctly

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah thats what i thought chris , kev(fat bloke) told me to give you a pm as u would probs know what it was , i will have a good look in the morning and hopefully its something silly :)

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sorted chris , was a faulty immobiliser and the rough running was due to the last owner not tightening the spark plugs properly they were all loose (cowboys lol) so all running sweet again now , thanks for the help m8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts