Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
big ginger one
1,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just swapped my alloys for a lovely set but now the rears rub on my arches when i hit potholes ect

question is where can i get my arches rolled and what sort of price is it going to cost

anyone know of someone near alton hampshire

cheers guys

·
Administrator
23,136 Posts
You could try a company called Arch Enemy, don't know how much they charge sorry. Failing that you could always try and do it yourself with a scaffold poll and a heat gun :uhoh:

·
mad pointing munky
412 Posts
if its just the lip that needs doin then its easy to do with out damagin your paint

all ya need is something like a rubber mallet and lots of heat on the arch and just work at the lip til its flat making sure to keep heating the area up

wat size and off set are the wheels and what tyres u running ?

·
mad pointing munky
412 Posts
hmmm those are some big tyres... i run 9.5 et13 front and back of my 32 and using 215 45 and 225/45 tyres and there isnt any rubbing but i do have coilovers.

IS it badly rubbing or just on the edge of the tyre on the lip or where the bumper meets the wing ?

·
mad pointing munky
412 Posts
i would def try some 235's or possibly 225's on the back . the slight stretch the tyres will give will probably miss the archand no need to hammer them

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
mod the arch's. skinny tyres on a road car are poo!

·
mad pointing munky
412 Posts
235's are only 1.5cm narrower and as they are on the back it wouldnt make any difference to the handling. If it did then it would proabbly make it better thanks to the stretch making the sidewalls stiffer

·
tdi power
13,297 Posts
235's are only 1.5cm narrower and as they are on the back it wouldnt make any difference to the handling. If it did then it would proabbly make it better thanks to the stretch making the sidewalls stiffer
yes it would. skinny tyres means less grip.

·
mad pointing munky
412 Posts
yes it would. skinny tyres means less grip.
well i can honestly say out of about 200 different tyres sed last year ranging from 205 to 265 all on a 9j and 9.5j and the 225 and 235 handled so much better than wider dues and this was due to the stretch making the sidewalls stiffer with means less tyre flex. whe i had 255's you could feel the difference thansk to the sidewalls moving so much compared to the 235s

but then thats just my personnel opinion and tried and tested measures for my drifting setup so could be different from car to car etc etc etc

1 - 14 of 14 Posts