Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've just changed the coilpacks on my car today but unfortunatly cant test them because iv broke an end off a black pipe that goes over the cover where the writting is that says 24valve twin cam etc. The pipe has to right angles in it. Can you tell me how important this is looks like an oil return pipe. I drive my car every day to work so i need a replacement has anyone got one lying around they could send my way and il pay the p+p.

Thanks Adi

Attachments

·
Registered
11,026 Posts
I´m pretty sure its okay to take it off and take it for a test spin ... alot of ppl remove it and fit a catch can for oil vapours.. my own has this same setup. This oem pipe just recirculates air vapours.. you could literally replace it with another similar piece of piping or just ask anyone on here in the parts wanted section and they´ll prob just give it you lol
however I think a 2nd opinion on the ´remove and take it for a spin´might be better to get tho before taking my word on it lol!

I do remember talking to a chap who worked for nissan and he said I should remove it. Unfortunately his english wasn´t brilliant but he said something about the oil vapour being necessary or something daft. Cant see how that would be true but I´ve been tempted to take catch can off and put the oem hosing piece back on and see what happens with the ecu readouts..

edit.. as mickskyline there says.. my car had a similar bit of hosing to the catch can before I fitted braided lol!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.