Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok ill try and explaine this correctly

first of the usual speedo not working fault , so i got a new set of clocks it fixed the rev counter not working but not the speedo . ive RESET the ecu by taking off the positive side of the battery sitting with the full beams and also the brake on for over a minute and then reconnecting and drive up and down the road ...THIS HASD NOT WORKED till no speedo and hicas light comes on powersteering goes heavy

Now also for some weird reson ive no red lights on my dash when i turn the key .....also teh battery seems now not to be charging cos after i did all of the above i went to restart the car to bring it up the back and it wont start !!!!!!!!!!!..

I REALLY NEED HELP WITH THIS AS IM AT THE ROADS END WITH IT!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok found the 10a fuse in the boot was blown replaced it and STILL NO reds on the dash ...so changed over for teh other set of clocks i have and its the same no reds and still cant start the car cos battery is dead

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
u trying to be funny ? ...the battery shouldnt have went dead in the first place thats what im trying to sort out !!!!

·
London stand up tall
2,440 Posts
u trying to be funny ? ...the battery shouldnt have went dead in the first place thats what im trying to sort out !!!!
^ im pretty shure jamie wasnt being funny... What he's saying is if the battery is charged then atleast you'll have a chance at fault finding.

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
Charge the battery mate you can't do nothing without power. Your dash lights will go haywire with low voltage anyway. Sorry don't mean to sound like a thick b0ll0x but you asked for help and we're trying to help.

·
Autobahn Burner
1,223 Posts
check the bulbs on the clocks, i had a dead one once. use a multi meter with the car running see if it's reading 13-14 volts, could be a knackered alternator,
Lastly you probably have some bad wiring causing a short, hence the dead battery and non functioning speedo.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
right at last got it sorted ...what a nite mare ..i changed every single fuse and its done the trick (even no none looked blown) so thats its sorted ...one of the fuses must control power recharging the battery thus y the battery wasnt charging ....

ok so my fault is still the same ...still no speedo ..even with a different set of clocks ..ive been using seach engine and see that a lot have problems with the speed sensor on the gearbox i called nissan but its £123+vat and wont be here until 24th of this month :( im a bit lost co i dont wanna spend that money unlessits def gonna be this ..

i have found one other thing ....

at the back of the cloocks there is a black wire that is on its own seems to be an earthing wire but where does it go ...in the loom or the back of the clocks? can someone check theres or doesn anyone know what it is or where it supposed to go ?its just bloted with a 10mm to the rear od the dash.

@JAMIE GTS T im sorry about being a bit to snapy with u was up to my eyes

1 - 9 of 9 Posts