Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Aznlife9
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think my steering wheel is broken in the inside when i turn corners my horn goes off alot and then stays constant. I think I mite just put it up for sale because I've spent ALOT for brakes, etc... little things costing me alot and i have a baby so i think my time with my skyline is almost over if i can't find anyone to help me fix my car....

·
RB25DET Series II
1,066 Posts
I think my steering wheel is broken in the inside when i turn corners my horn goes off alot and then stays constant. I think I mite just put it up for sale because I've spent ALOT for brakes, etc... little things costing me alot and i have a baby so i think my time with my skyline is almost over if i can't find anyone to help me fix my car....
i wouldnt sell your skyline bro'
its a easy fix!!

if its on a Boss - remove the horn button and see that the wire is loose im sure.

if its OEM steering wheel - again remove horn button and check the wire.

i dont think you need to take the wheel off at all to fix it m8 if im correct (OEM wheel i cannot remember how it came off, been sometime since i installed my MoMo).

But as stated, make sure it is not a Spec II as it had an airbag.

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
if its spec 2 and standard wheel on it the balence weight inside has broken off so remove airbag pull out weight,chuck in bin and fit airbag back on.

·
Aznlife9
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks and yea it's a normal Nissan one I don't know how to pull it out i can take the whole steering wheel off but it will have to wait because i sprain my wrist friday and think i tore my rotator cuff again on my right arm so no driving or even writing now for me going to the hospital tomm... but thanks guys and sorry for the attitude just need a friend here who has the same car because this is my 1st and need a pro's help but thanks alot again....

·
Registered
76 Posts
ya man its ruff with ur first one i have had the issue when i try to work on mine

·
Aznlife9
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yea thanks. I think i will end up just getting a aftermarket steering wheel. BTW gotta question I got aftermarket pedals but it has screws is there any way to install them because I would have to drill holes if not I will put them up for sale.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ROFL

If You survive You´ll have a whiplash for life!!!

Reminds me of a Volvo I drove many Years ago when suddenly the whole steering wheel came off while driving on the Autobahn.....I was more than lucky that I cruised along a straight stretch that moment.

·
RB25DET Series II
1,066 Posts
no worries buddie!!
thats why we are all here to assist one another.
i belong to a car club which sometimes benefits for the better when i or my buddies need help on our cars. But to be honest...i know for the first few months after my purchase of my skyline i was freaked out even touching this thing as i was afraid of even breaking anything being it a imported vehicle and for the fact it took just over 4 months to even get my RB25DET across the waters. But after owning it for 4 years now ive gone through alot of it myself. Half the fun is doing it yourself which you learn more that way anyhow.

its all cool

·
Aznlife9
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
yea ur right bro... Gotta question the year of the car is based on the chasis number and not the regristration date right??? because I'm registered for a 95 when my car says inside the hood a 98. and I got an oil filter from Nissan and it says for my engine type 96-98. It's a rB20E. ( FORGET THAT HAD A HISTORY Lesson on my car ....)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts