Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since im Swedish my english can be a bit poor but her it goes.
Ordered a set of 19" Radium wheels for 929.99 GBP on Ebay 2009-06-23 from this seller: http://www.dp-motorsport.co.uk/

Some day later he says that the wheels didnt pass their quality control, but if i waited a few weeks he could send them out.

Ok i thought since i was in no hurry and really wanted the wheels. The weeks went by and i contacted again by email. 2 weeks more or something he told me.Time went by and when i contacted him again he told me he couldnt get hold of the wheels so i could either have a refund or another model of wheels.

I decided to go with a refund and that was ok he told me. Time went by again and no refund on my account.I contacted him several times and he told me that it was on its way and it was some problems with paypal. weeks went by no money on my account, several contacts and he told me he would look in to it with accounts but nothing happened.

I still havent got the refund and DP motorsport says that they have made the payment and he will tal with accounts and get the transaction nr. for me but i never get them! I have contacted Paypal and they say that ia havent got the refund from DP.

So it has been going on for the past months, hope you understand a little bit of it.

Since i live in Sweden i would be greatful for some help/advice. How can i do a Police report, or is there any other way to do?

So please beware of this company they are dishonest :mad:

Thanks
Johan

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
Paypal should give you protection and you should try to get your money back through them I think.

If you used a credit card on your paypal account, the credit card company might also be able to help.

A paypal refund is immediate, the company are just messing you about, demand your money back

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
Here is the info from whois

Domain name:
dp-motorsport.co.uk

Registrant:
DOUGLAS DUFFY

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
DP Motorsport, 67 New Road Ayr, Ayrshire
Ayr
Ayrshire
KA8 8DA
United Kingdom

Registrar:
Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
URL: http://www.123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 20-Mar-2001
Renewal date: 20-Mar-2011
Last updated: 07-May-2009

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Paypal should give you protection and you should try to get your money back through them I think.

If you used a credit card on your paypal account, the credit card company might also be able to help.

A paypal refund is immediate, the company are just messing you about, demand your money back
Since it had passed 40 days before i reported to paypal they can do anything.

·
Registered
7,178 Posts
Since it had passed 40 days before i reported to paypal they can do anything.
Thats probably why he was holding out as long as he could.

Do you use your credit card through paypal? Other than trying to get money back through that or coming to the UK and torturing the asshole i dont think there is much chance of you getting your money back?

·
Registered
979 Posts
I hate cons. Dp motorsport if its in ayr thats next to me, 25 min drive. If they have problems with ebay or paypal i can pick ur money for u and put it in ur account. Tell them that and see what they say.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats probably why he was holding out as long as he could.

Do you use your credit card through paypal? Other than trying to get money back through that or coming to the UK and torturing the asshole i dont think there is much chance of you getting your money back?
Yes i think that why he was holding out... Didnt now about the 40 day time policy.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hate cons. Dp motorsport if its in ayr thats next to me, 25 min drive. If they have problems with ebay or paypal i can pick ur money for u and put it in ur account. Tell them that and see what they say.
Yes its in Ayr! Will let him know that i can arrange a Pick up, probably hel will come up with som sorry excuse.

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
Id definately recomend opening a dispute with paypal mate, that is what they are there for, its known as the safer way to do business.

i had a rip off merchant on ebay before and paypal sorted it straight away after the alocated waiting time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Id definately recomend opening a dispute with paypal mate, that is what they are there for, its known as the safer way to do business.

i had a rip off merchant on ebay before and paypal sorted it straight away after the alocated waiting time.
I opened a dispute with paypal but since the time policy of 40 days had run out they couldnt do anything.

·
Pist'n'broke
1,014 Posts
That pisses me off with Paypal the charges are unreal and when you look for support in getting your money back they either tell you to wait a while longer or say sorry your too late to open a dispute.

I hope you get your money back good to see some guys here offer you support.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes its very nice to se all support from you guys as Deekster wrote. Especially since i live far away and its hard for me to do anything.

Seems that more peopel had problem with DP : http://www.bview.co.uk/listing/1066285/t/reviews/D-P-Motorsport-in-KA8

Cant belive they have so good rep on Ebay since they are thiefs!

In Sweden i would do a police report since its a company, but maybe thas not any good in UK?

·
At home playing with myself!!!
3,180 Posts
would trading standards be a idea? im sure citizens advice will be able to help you out too.....not sure what it will be callen in your country though mate.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
would trading standards be a idea? im sure citizens advice will be able to help you out too.....not sure what it will be callen in your country though mate.

Sent a email to trading standards, hopefully they can help me i some way. Its so obvious that DP motorsport is criminals, since more people than me have the same problems with them!

·
Registered
184 Posts
I had dealings with Dan aka DP motorsports as I got a front brake kit from him late last year.
I had some problems with the quality of the brackets and had to do some work to make them fit so I wasn't overall impressed either.

I believe Dan is more to do with the 200sx owners forums as he uses R33 calipers on the sx conversion kit so maybe have a look around them for info. I'm sure I have his number on my work emails from when I was mailing him. I will have a look tomorrow to see if I still have them saved. I also saw a thread on the other skyline-owners forum with some bad reviews etc...

I didn't have any problems with money though and he also sent me out some brake lines to help me out for which I paid for after I'd decided to keep them.

Overall some good and bad points in my experience of dealing with him although still no excuse for not issuing you with a refund.

I'll let you know if I have his number.

Rik

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.