Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 1990 R32 GTR this last Saturday and I have all the paperwork and it was imported in march of this year and thats when the car was manufactured, the entry summary is missing a stamp but does have all the signatures on it, has anyone had this problem in the state of Washington/ if anyone could point me to where i might be able to get this taken care of that would be awesome.

·
Registered
178 Posts
What exactly is the issue you're having? It would help if you could be more specific about the problem since there are so many possible areas where you can hit a snag at DMV with these cars.

Are they questioning the missing stamp on the entry summary? Most port entries are paperless now so the stamp isn't present on those.

Here's some general tips on dealing with the DMV from my blog:

23GT: Buying Your Own JDM Car Part 5: Drivers Masochistic Visit

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just imported a1990 GTs 2 months ago into WA state. I took the car to the customs office at the port of seattle. The officer took a quick look at the car and filled out the paper work and stamped it. I would suggest going there and getting new paperwork. I got it registered without a problem. Let me know if you find any good resources for parts, I've been looking for sunroof parts for 3 months. Good luck.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I just imported a1990 GTs 2 months ago into WA state. I took the car to the customs office at the port of seattle. The officer took a quick look at the car and filled out the paper work and stamped it. I would suggest going there and getting new paperwork. I got it registered without a problem. Let me know if you find any good resources for parts, I've been looking for sunroof parts for 3 months. Good luck.
+1 for taking it to the customs port. They're likely the only ones who will be able to resolve any missteps on their part from before.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
got it all figured out, they did all the paperwork electronically so there was no stamp and the DMV made a fuss about it, quick trip to the port and a stamp was obtained, all insured and registered now, happy in my 1990 GTR. Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Glad you got it all figured out. I hope I don't run into any snags once mine arrives next month. I'm so nervous that I'm going to run into issues registering it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts