Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wanting to buy a Skyline GTS-T so I have spent all day trying to get a quote. I cant find anyone who will tuch me. I will be 19 when I plan on getting it. I have no NCB and no convictions. I understand it is going to cost me an arm and a leg (and prob my head too) but I want one so screw it. Does anyone know of any insurance companys that will insure me even if the cost is a bit on the high side?

Its driving me crazy :aka47:

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
have you tryed going through the list on the other thread mr mouse?
i have just got a 33 GTR at 24 and have found some people wont touch me, some people want, silly amounts and some i think are reasonable for the car that is!!
what car have you at the moment ? if you are going from a performance car back ground ,some are more willing to insure you i have found!
if not im selling my GTI-R at some point might be a bit cheaper to insure? and still 4wd and the best part of 280 ish bhp :)
good luck
tony

·
Free icecream
2,112 Posts
I was 35 and one company wanted stupid money as I didn't have a 'performance car background'.
Come on, I was driving a diesel 206 FFS! :D :rolleyes: Ahh, 48mpg...

Good luck with your quest.

·
Bullet Tooth Tony
3,068 Posts
i got a hdi dturbo as a company at the end of the month 600 plus to a tank i thank you very much:):)
i got told by privelage that they dont insure people under 25 on "these cars" but because i have had the GTi-R for 4 years and 205 GTis before that with out incident they would insure me and only because of that fact!!

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
at 19 I'm afraid you will be very hard pushed to find anyone to quote you. If you already have a performance car, it might help your cause, but to be honest I dont think you are going to be very lucky.....

·
Registered
95 Posts
tesco's seem quite expensive, as were Adrian Flux even though they are the best with my other cars (both being modified, 1 wildly)
A-plan were good. (£990 FC protected on a '94 R33 GTST 4 door)

Oh yeah and Liverpool Victoria! 1. They didn't want to give me a quote because I didn't actually have the car ! and 2. They couldn't quote me because they don't have 4 door R33 Manual Skyline's on their system. How lame is that !!!!!! ?

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
The Stormrider said:
Oh yeah and Liverpool Victoria! 1. They didn't want to give me a quote because I didn't actually have the car ! and 2. They couldn't quote me because they don't have 4 door R33 Manual Skyline's on their system. How lame is that !!!!!! ?
They didn't have a r34 GTT automatic either, but the manual was no problem.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
|You got a fair point there, but its worth looking everywhere.. Do a google search that'll bring up a few pages of insurers.. Keep you busy for a while..
I'm looking to get a R33 GTR in the early part of next year and have been given a quote for £1900, and I'm only 22.. I haven't really started to shop around yet..
Good Luck..

·
Member No 48
1,192 Posts
Try talking to Keith Michaels (number is in Jap Performance/Banzai) They did a good deal for my son when he got a Supra (he was 20 at the time).

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Egg are very good as well, even better if you have a Credit Card with them, 10% discount..

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
If you want a cheap car to build up your 'performance car background' why not buy my 200sx for £2300? :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi I got my best deal with Adrian Flux Insurance on 08700772233 and they don't require a tracker to be fitted either.

I'm a bit older than you but it could be worth a shot

Regards,

Peanut

·
Premium Member
4,436 Posts
I had a result when I got my GTS. As I didn't have long to go on my policy, I left my original car as the main policy vehicle (Clio 172 at the time), and put the skyline on as a a temporary cover which cost me about £10.50 a month for 3 months !!! Result !! I'm insured through Direct Line.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts