Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,

so during a normal midday drive i noticed my car cutting fuel or ignition when reaching 2500-3000rpms. the problem increased with every 10min or so. now when i start it up it idles really low prob about 400-500rpms and looks like it running on 4 or 5 cylinders only with black smoke coming out the exhaust. I've checked the maf sensor, cleaned it out, put it back but I've notices a better idle without this maf sensor plugged . i did try 2 other maf sensors and it reacts exactly the same as when i plug mines in. not able to drive it with a maf plugged in and even stalles and lots of misfires. i would appreciate any help or advice on what may be the cause of this problem. thanks in advance guys.

·
Super Moderator
9,034 Posts
Sounds like its going into limp mode, have you tried pulling the diagnostic codes from the ECU? could also be a leak under boost.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no i did not read the ecu.. and yes it looks like limp mode but where should i start looking?

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Coil packs imo

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
it could be one of the coil packs as i already changed one earlier so im gonna check in that tomorrow. if there is any other suggestions id be more than happy to hear them. thanks for the advice guys.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts