Skyline Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I bought a Nissan Skyline GTR and I have a few questions. I am not a mechanic and I need to know why and if some things are normal. I drove my car to the gym worked out for an hour or so. Drove home. 15 minutes later I drove to my friends house and it was stalling in neutral with the clutch all the way pushed in. Driving casually along the road I would push on the gas slightly and it seemed like it wasn't getting any gas and it was starting to get to the point where it would stall and so I pushed on the gas harder and it finally kicked in and really started to go. I just got the car and there are a few other things that have been bothering me. Some noises are abit concerning whenever I let go of the gas it makes a tshhhhhh noise or something. Once in awhile I hear a pop or bang sound when pushing it alittle. When I accelerate it makes kchhhhhh noise. I think this all has something to do with the turbos but this is my first car. Yes you heard me correctly my first car is a Nissan Skyline GTR. I could really use some help cause there isnt really that many people who can tell you about these cars. Oh and If anyone knows any mechanics who work on Vancouver Island that would be great.

·
Seasoned member
4,785 Posts
the stalling could be your air flow meter (AFM), plugs or coil packs or maybe you have after market blow off valves (BOV) which can also cause stalling

as for the tshhhhhh noise that is normal

can you post up a picture of your engin bay so we can have a look and see whats been done to yur engine that may help

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
* The tisssssssh noise could be after market airfilters allowing un used air to be pushed out of the filter the wrong way. Does this with my apexi on my GTS-T.

* The Kchhhhhh noise is the sound of the air being sucked into the turbo's as boost builds up.

* The pop or bang sound is only un burnt fuel igniting in the hot exhaust system-same thing happens on mine. Sounds good doesn't it.....

The stalling could maybe be the
*idle control valve needs a slight adjustment??
*Or as above the Air flow meter
*Aftermarket Dumpvalves/Blow of valves not re-circulating into the inlet.

Sure there was a link on here about a Skyline site in Canada-that is where you are isn't it???? Try a search it may throw it up they have mainly R32 GTR's by the looks of it.

How old are you to have a GTR as your 1st car:eek: ???

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
All described noises are absolutely normal, so nothing to worry about man! Only concerning your stalling you should find out the reason. First check if you´re running a blow off valve. If so it´s more than likely this item that causes your stalling problems. If not check your idle speed and adjust it if needed. First use the AAC valve and in addition to that maybe the ECU idle speed adjusting screw(if you have one). Also cleaning the AAC valve helps a lot with stalling problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
* The tisssssssh noise could be after market airfilters allowing un used air to be pushed out of the filter the wrong way. Does this with my apexi on my GTS-T.

* The Kchhhhhh noise is the sound of the air being sucked into the turbo's as boost builds up.

* The pop or bang sound is only un burnt fuel igniting in the hot exhaust system-same thing happens on mine. Sounds good doesn't it.....

The stalling could maybe be the
*idle control valve needs a slight adjustment??
*Or as above the Air flow meter
*Aftermarket Dumpvalves/Blow of valves not re-circulating into the inlet.

Sure there was a link on here about a Skyline site in Canada-that is where you are isn't it???? Try a search it may throw it up they have mainly R32 GTR's by the looks of it.

How old are you to have a GTR as your 1st car:eek: ???
I am 21 and never needed a car till now. So I got the car I always wanted. Oh and yes I am in Canada. Could it have anything to do with not idling it for awhile after driving it? I haven't installed my turbo timer yet.

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
A turbo timer is a nice thing and does help to prevent the turbo from damage after a nice run, but it shouldn´t do anything about your idle probs! Try the things described before. 99% It´s gonna be sorted then....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts