Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but have to do this

I bought my skyline a few weeks ago and my father in law was so impressed now he wants one so sells his other car and we start looking

Theres one for sale which i had seen on here and the GTR board and its within his budget so we made contact and got all the right answers ie told us the condition was near mint bodywork, no scratches, mint tyres etc etc so perfect up we got today at 5am to go fetch it

Got there at 10am knackered but excited to find out its been in an accident and badly repaired with paint flaking off the bumper and the welding was done by a blind man!! and the wheels were quite obviously the wrong size and looked about 7" at the rear and bald on the insides.

So we walked away and it just makes my blood boil because theres no way he didnt know, i mean it took us all of about 30 secs to find it and bear in mind its housed in a body shop (friend of his!!)

So knackered, £100 shorter and still carless, well not me but my father in law

So if anyone is thinking of buying one at the moment and wants any info to save them the long trip then PM me as i am not about to start posting who etc in the open

Cheers
Mike

·
Registered
30 Posts
The daft thing is, seems to me anyway, that most of us "Skyliners" seem to know the difference between good and crap. So, when selling, whats the point of filling some chap full of :bs2: They are only gonna make a bad name for em'selves???? :bash:

·
Banned
7,239 Posts
Kirbz - I wouldn't worry about naming and shaming if it's someone who has 3 or 4 posts and they only relate to flogging his motor.

If it was a Club Member or it was a forum user with a fair number of posts then I'd be more hesitant and try to find out from others whether they had a decent reputation before posting anything that may harm that.

In this case - bloke sounds like a tossbag and you're doing us all a favour by naming and shaming so we don't get caught out either.

Plus - if he has something to say in his defence he knows where to post it.

Sorry to hear you and your father had a wasted day, and I hope you find a good 'un next time. :cheers:

N

·
0 Posts
This has been gone over time and time again , whats new !!
OK i will out line it , people are importing LOW grade SKYLINESand selling them cheap, fair play , till the bills hit ya .
There is no such thing as a CHEAP skyline

·
stuck in the middle .....with you
8,249 Posts
if i were looking for a 33 gtr....i would be paying 15+k.....
you get what you pay for .....prob is i have a perfect gtt and was selling it earlier this yr(keeping it now)but i priced the car at 13k which imo is average price for a gtt but everyone wants to pay less for a good car.....simple fact is you aint gonna get a good skyline if you want to pay cheap prices.....my point proven by you and your fathers wasted trip at 12k i would be looking for a very nice 32 gtr mate

T

·
0 Posts
:argue: :argue: :argue: I think you are totaly entitled to your rant, it`s bang out of order! False advertising :nonono:

E

·
0 Posts
Well yeh but we`re all guilty of being a bit generous with the truth when it comes to selling cars. Anyone who`s got their head screwed on would know that an R33 GTR V Spec commands a lot more than 12K to get a goodun.
For 12K its gonna need some TLC to say the least.

B

·
0 Posts
all been said and to be honest kirbz what in gods name did you expect ? ... its £12k ffs... its supposedly a 1995 V-Spec .. it would be worth at least £5k more than that if it was a good car.

skylines aren't cheap .... if they are they're cheap for a reason. Every single day hundreds and hundreds of these cheap cars come in to the country and people, thinking they're getting the bargain of the century go chasing after them.

you don't get owt for nowt ..

·
Registered
635 Posts
Same ole saying applies here, "you get what you pay for" Good luck in your search chap, and as Buster says take a look at his, you wont find a better example, sweat and tears gone in to his beasty.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts