Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a steel head gasket around 2 weeks ago with these they said shipment was on the 12th nov but i had a e-mail saying that its going to get shipped on the 16th now, my cars booked in on the 22nd to have this fitted....

its not looking good is it!!

does anyone no the timescale once shipped with these? i might have to cancel the booking on the 22nd and wait till it turns up before i re-book it

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
So long as customs don't keep it for a week, so they can charge you for the priviledge, you should just about get it in the nick of time.
Any stuff I order from RHD tends to arrive within about 3 days of it leaving Japan. Haven't ordered from nengun in ages, but I imagine it should be about the same.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fingers crossed it will be, hope it does turn up in time been looking forward to having all this done for ages now

·
Always sideways
4,252 Posts
I have to say, I waited a number of weeks for a Boost controller since Nengun are in Japan. From what I've gathered my experience was not rare, some items take up to 7-8 weeks to turn up, even if Customs don't hold them.

I think a three/four day turnaround is the exception rather than the rule.

·
Administrator
14,725 Posts
I dont think your get it in time bud, as nothing wil happen with it over the weekend leaving no time for charges to be applied and it sent to you.

I wouldn't hold my breath.

·
Registered
409 Posts
My money is that you will - my D-jetro was shipped on the 30th of Oct and was on my dining table by the 4th .... it takes a few days for the ems to be updated - from experience you will actually have the item before the ems is updated.

·
Registered
365 Posts
My money is that you will - my D-jetro was shipped on the 30th of Oct and was on my dining table by the 4th .... it takes a few days for the ems to be updated - from experience you will actually have the item before the ems is updated.
Sent on the 30th, delivered on the 4th, arrived 26 days before it left, was it delivered by Dr Who?

·
Always sideways
4,252 Posts
i have heard terrible things about nengun!
What terrible things? That they have to ship stuff from Japan? Or that some of their items get stopped by customs? They are an official dealer in Japan, not some dirty knock-off Nigel E-bay scammer. I find it hard to believe you've heard bad reviews.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
the parts come from japan!!! what do you expect next day?? 7days?? come on give them a chance, and its not there fault it gets held up in customs.

Sometimes is quick sometimes its not but that isnt there fault and you cant blame them for it.

Nothing but good things to say about them

·
Registered
365 Posts
the parts come from japan!!! what do you expect next day?? 7days?? come on give them a chance, and its not there fault it gets held up in customs.

Sometimes is quick sometimes its not but that isnt there fault and you cant blame them for it.

Nothing but good things to say about them

Well I'm glad to hear their good, not too worried about a little slow delivery, just happy dealing with honest people. Thanks guys, my mind is now at rest.

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i ordered it few weeks ago now and shipment was meant to be on the 11th then they sent e-mail saying the 16th and received an e-mail today saying that its getting shipped on the 22nd so now got to cancel the date i had the car booked in for...... gutted!!

I wont book the car in until i actually have the head gasket in my hands, shame but your right though you cant blmae a company if they havent got in stock/customs get involved.

just have to be patient now

·
Registered
4,921 Posts
i ordered a boost contol from them a couple of weeks ago.said right away that shipping date would be 22nd.so just sit tight and wait and count the money youv saved using them

·
Registered
4,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yer i no i agree just abit annoying as ive been looking forward to having this amount of work done for ages now and just gotta sit looking at the parts ive got imaging what thre going to look like on the car!

·
Seasoned Member
21,588 Posts
i have heard terrible things about nengun!
yep me too, the thing i find strange is you all have traders here, ok they may be a bit dearer than nengun, but at least you dont go through all this crap, if you come to me i can put you in touch with the correct trader for whatever part you need.......pretty simple really....keith..:cheers:

·
Registered
113 Posts
What terrible things? That they have to ship stuff from Japan? Or that some of their items get stopped by customs? They are an official dealer in Japan, not some dirty knock-off Nigel E-bay scammer. I find it hard to believe you've heard bad reviews.
My mate who ordered some stuff about 5 months ago, has sent emails with no replies and still no delivered item

1 - 20 of 29 Posts