Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's MRS Houdi elbow not MR!!
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello
As a newbie I hope i'm not asking the bleeding obvious?!
As a proud new owner of a r33 gtst skyline I have been busy surfing internet for new toys for my standard car. I have just bought myself TEIN suspension DBA brake discs with redstuff pads and lenso GM 18" wheels. I am now looking for bits to increase bhp and have just discovered the TENGUN website. What I want to know is are they any good? What is delivery time like? Has anyone had any problems? As I notice they are alot cheaper (I am aware I will get stung for import duty!)
Also what is the standard bhp for a gtst type m and what is the maximum bhp anyone has got without changing turbo etc?
:whip:

·
Space Filler
3,218 Posts
I've bought a few things from them. Delivery can be slow sometimes, but the prices make it worth waiting. Plus I've not been hit with any import tax yet.
Another site you should check out is rhdjapan.com. Same sort of deal, but their delivery tends to be quicker.

·
bla
17,374 Posts
Standard gtsts are 250bhp,
Someone got 341bhp and almost same torque out of a standard turbo. (rising sun performance) Change your turbo internals to steel you could get 400+. Get a tdo6 turbo kit.... 500bhp... with other supporting usual mods...

Nengun are a great site... Delivery varys, could end up waiting a month or only a few days but the price is always worth it. There is always a chance you will get charged for import duty, many people dont...

Have fun matey...

·
Dorset/Wilts Area Rep
8,231 Posts
I've got quite a few bits of NENGUN and alwasy paid the extra to ge the items "repackaged" and hope this is what gets it past customs

but as stated it can take a while, but if your in no massive hurry then its a great option

·
Gold Digger Gtr
207 Posts
yeah im using nengun quite alot myself, havent had to pay any customs so far thank god, delivery time has been great, so i would deffo recommend them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've waited 9 weeks for turbos, 2 weeks for a boost controller, and somewhere between that for everything else.

Out of 10 purchases I've been charged import duty and VAT for 8 of them.

HINT: When customs ask you for an invoice, download the Nengun invoice from their website and edit it to say "used parts" and drop the price by 75%. Then fax them the edited invoice and you'll pay tax on the price you stated.

Alternatively, speak to your local tuner. I think there are a number of tuners that are now importing stuff at nengun prices, with the added advantage that if they fit it you will have some kind of guarantee.

A warranty is worth the extra...... trust me.

·
Registered
152 Posts
All bein well, i will be orderin T67 turbo etc from them. Fingers crossed i don't have to pay import duty etc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts