Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just had the car serviced and some new front pads fitted. Unfortunately the pedal feel is all over the place, one minute it's nice and firm and stopping is good (as expected) the next the pedal goes down a long, long way and it doesn't feel good at all.
Does anyone have any ideas for anything I should be checking before I take it back to the garage and shout at the guy?

·
confused.com
6,592 Posts
air inthe system. i saythe brakes need bleeding.

if al they have done is change the pads i wonder if the seals have gone onthe caliper? i wouodnt expect this from just a pad change.

whenthe pedal goes down longer than normal does the car still stop or does it just feel thatthe brakes arent hitting the disc ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
air inthe system. i saythe brakes need bleeding.

if al they have done is change the pads i wonder if the seals have gone onthe caliper? i wouodnt expect this from just a pad change.

whenthe pedal goes down longer than normal does the car still stop or does it just feel thatthe brakes arent hitting the disc ?
I was thinking of air in the system somewhere. If I give the pedal a pump it firms up a bit. Then the pedal sinks a bit low the pads are still biting ok. It's in the inconsistency that bothers me really!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts