Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided its about time i sorted me stoppers and forked out for a set of apexi gt spec discs and trust pads....:D

Question is has anyone used this setup and can anyone give me an idea of how good they are? did a bit of searching on google etc and couldn't find any write ups on them...they sound good from the items description but if anyone sees/seen a write up anywhere let me know...:cool:

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
hmmm...ignore the above post, shipping turned out to be just alittle bit on the exspensive side..:(

Anyone recommend a good brake upgrade for the r32 gtst sold in the uk.

·
Banned
8,850 Posts
I put GTR33 brakes and discs on my GTS33 (well Abbey did actually,but I watched) made a significant differance.

Any one need a set of GTS33 standard calipers? 4 pot Nissan originals with nearly new Ferodo pads

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I have EBC disks and pads (reds on the front greens on the rear) they seem to be fine and stood up well to some abuse at Rockingham earlier this year. They can bit a bit unresponsive when cold if your not used to them it can be quite unnerving but im happy

(can't spell though)

·
Dandy Highwayman
1,314 Posts
Gtstlad,
have you got the nissan 4 pots? some gtsts do some don't, I think its a type m thing. My type M has em anyway....

RonS's r32 gtst didn't come with 4pots so he retro fitted them not before trying some others tho ... http://www.skylinegts.co.uk/Project_R32_Brakes.htm

They're pretty big 280mm and seem to work pretty well even with my new chirpy cheap cheap apec pads (£20 :D ). They're the same as 200sx s14 and subaru impreza turbo (not wrx).

AlexJ

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I've got

the standard 4 pots and discs, but slapped some red stuffs on the front from www.3gbrakes.com , think they are the same fit as the imprezas (pants!). As said earlier, bit hairy when cold but warm em up and it stops so quick its scary. Not eaten the discs up as fast as I thought yet either!

·
Ut oh
3,796 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cool thanks all.. :D since i've got big 18" wheels i guess i could go for a complete swap over with r33 gtr discs and calipers and some red stuff pads.

Thats a very good brake page rons got there...now off to pm gary at gt art wish me luck...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts