Skyline Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, It's that time of year again.

Time to look for a new car! I have been doing a lot of reading into Skylines and RX7's and have decide the following...

R34 V Spec - Too expensive for me - therefore eliminated from list.

R33 v Spec - Pros
Slightly more powerful Slightly more tuneable Looks - Average

Cons

About 5 grand more than the equivalent year RX7
Brakes – Average
Interior - Bad

RX7 RS/RZ Pros Brakes - Amazing Best looking Jap car ever made? Cheaper Driving position

Cons
2 Seats only
Consumption

R33 GTS Pros None

Cons
Fake Skyline wannabe
large Ugly family car

As for handling, I fancy the RX7 round a dry track!

What do you think?

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
NIssan Or Mazda on a Nissan forum

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry if I offended anyone (buster), I didn't realise they would let GTS owners into the Skyline owners club. Oh well I'll try GTR.co.uk instead!

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
hold on its not about offending anyone, but there is only one person on here who will say anything about the Rx7.

What you say is in your mind you have made your own mind up abut the Rx7 if you want to use it for track work.

is that right ?

·
Registered
95 Posts
So GTS's aren't Skylines then ?? Hmmmmm interesting concept. How does that work then ??

You are basically saying that because it doesn't have 2 turbos, just the 1 and just a pidly 250 bhp, it's not a Skyline. Thats like saying a 2 litre Granada isn't a Granada, only the V6 model is. hmmmmm, weird.

You obviously want the RX7 cos you've made that look wonderful and just want to slag Skylines off cos you say they are just OK and average so why even bother posting that on a Skyline Forum.

Goodbye and goodluck in your RX7.

·
Super Moderator
9,426 Posts
guys, I thought he asked a good enough question, obviously we cannot answer re the Mazda side, only Jaffa can.....but we can still give info re Skyline stuff....

·
2.8 HKSステップ3 、
3,072 Posts
Scared him off now...lol

·
milk monitor
1,181 Posts
yeh after the elise, maybe hes looking for another hairdressers car!
sorry jaffa, you beast isnt a hairdressers car mate.

·
Registered
95 Posts
guys, I thought he asked a good enough question, obviously we cannot answer re the Mazda side, only Jaffa can.....but we can still give info re Skyline stuff....
I don't think that is really it to be honest. He just seems to come on here and say 'I don't like R33 Skylines, they are large and Ugly, if it's a GTS it isn't even a Skyline. RX7 are lovelly, drive, look and handle better'

Then why bother asking, his mind is made up. Slagging off Skylines on a Skyline Forum is no way to ask people's opinions when he obviously isn't gonna buy a Skyline anyway.

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
I think we could have played some more... I wont bother finishing the handbags on black background image

Pope

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
i think in answer it depends what you want from a car, shame i didnt get a reply.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK, I’m sorry for the GTS comments but it isn’t my type of car – so can someone now tell me if the RX7 competes with a 33 Vspec.

·
M's Factory
5,240 Posts
on track / Street ? & in standard form or upgrade :)

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
competing in what situation? standard cars or modified?

too bloody slow.... typical, just like the RX :D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts