1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Following on from this thread.
http://www.skylineowners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=107800&highlight=cl500

This ones a 5.5 V8 390bhp/390lbft (can we round up to 400?)

2007 CL500 AMG pack, 7 speed semi (gearshift on the steering column)

It has literally everything on it from night vision to self closing doors, double glazing, massaging seats, spec is silly...

Just have to sell the old one now :(

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Horses for courses I guess, maybe he thinks he has seen a lot of them but these cars are pretty dam rare and cost around 100k 7 years ago which is why they are rare I would guess lol, they have fortunately (for me) depreciated like a stone so can be had for a lot less.

The drive is very quiet, levels of isolation are bordering on dangerous TBH and for a heavy boat it's fairly quick, 5.4 0-60 and will do 100 at under 3000rpm.

Like I say it's not everyones cup of tea and I find it very hard to choose a new car due to that, the other car I was looking at was a smart car with busa engine and also an electric renault zoe

Would love a new GTR but they remain outside of my price range for now.

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
Loverly car.

Meh and grunt.!?

I'm not an advocate of urban slang made up words to be negative isn't in my opinion, needed for showing off a new pap pap.

Let's all be nice. :)

·
Administrator
25,962 Posts
in scotland meh is an expression used when we see something we want but cant have and hate the person that has said thing but dont want to seem jealous lol

·
Seasoned Member
9,055 Posts
These are very nice and very underrated...... Just shows you are getting old really, as you need comfort lol ;)

·
Central Scotland Area Rep
2,447 Posts
Iv driven one through work and it's ok just didn't feel special sorry don't get me wrong it was silly quick for what it is and comfy but in my opinion just not special compared to others in the same class and as with most newer mercs iv driven or worked on build quality seems poor compared to mercs of earlier years

Didn't want to disrespect Brian's car as he said it's not everyone's cup of tea hence my comment

·
Punch me.
9,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
No offense taken at all buddy, I just upgraded from the older shape 2002 CL500 (see link in first post) and the quality to my eye is a lot better!

Other cars in it's class would be the Bentley Continental GT and maybe the Aston Martin DB9 so anything in the 80-120k luxury class is special to me lol.

These are very nice and very underrated...... Just shows you are getting old really, as you need comfort lol ;)
Been getting old for a long time lol, so much so that I almost permanently smell of a tepid mixture of murray mints and stale urine.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts